Alex, if you were to fly out east I'd happily let you have Lil Bit. He would thrive under your care I just know it. I'd love to find someone like you to give him to.
Thanks Beccs for your confidence in me. I have been told, that I’m the best chicken daddy in central California

Thanks Beccs for your confidence in me. I have been told, that I’m the best chicken daddy in central California
What I love and respect about you and your chicken philosophy is that you embrace the roosters. I know not everyone can have roosters, I get it. I'm also not throwing this at ANYONE on this page. But I feel so many people see roosters as the throwaways of chicken keeping. Those that are able to have a rooster will just automatically think it's going to be evil or immediately condemn it for the soup pot. I know there are jerk roosters out there, but if given half a chance there are also many many good ones. And in truth, roosters do serve a purpose beneficially to a backyard flock.

Minnie has ideas about pursuing a modeling career.
She will be seeking advice from Phyllis on Beakbook.

0BE82204-1B25-47E6-9A4F-29BA673BC89B.jpeg

What I love and respect about you and your chicken philosophy is that you embrace the roosters. I know not everyone can have roosters, I get it. I'm also not throwing this at ANYONE on this page. But I feel so many people see roosters as the throwaways of chicken keeping. Those that are able to have a rooster will just automatically think it's going to be evil or immediately condemn it for the soup pot. I know there are jerk roosters out there, but if given half a chance there are also many many good ones. And in truth, roosters do serve a purpose beneficially to a backyard flock.

That’s exactly why I stopped eating commercial eggs and got chickens; because of what is done to the day-old male ISA Brown chicks. :mad:

This is regarding the shredding on my blue JG's feathers.

Is this indicative of lavender gene? Or is it just poor feather quality? This pullet has it the worst, but the other JG has it a little bit too.

Thanks for all the information, everybody.
It's the Lavender gene. That directly affects the feather quality. I've noticed that it's more pronounced the older the feathers are. Mine look worse closer to molt.

Back
Top Bottom