My DeWalt reciprocal saw (I call him The Beast), and my pickup and horse trailer and we move it were ever you want 🤣🤣
How about just travelling west a little? The weather is much nicer here 😂 how many tools can you fit in a horse trailer… I use a 6x12 cargo trailer for our “garage” now, NVM… the over length charges on the ferries are awful, it might be cheaper to fly in. I am building a very large “coop”… about 40x40, might also double as a goat barn… you never know? If I can Jimmy proof the flooring, that is! Morning Sun today
9DDDFC02-7215-475F-977C-ADFE8F6FA4EE.jpeg

Now about those sort of questionable looking trusses in the foreground… to avoid the obscene amount of taxes on this thread 😂 😉 I was thinking I might invite some people into a conversation re: my little human coop project? Anyone with some building experience? Or family with building experience or just some random ideas on construction? I’m so far off the plans at this point… lol current problem is making 33’ trusses fit a 44’ or greater span.
0521859B-60AF-431B-B91E-2D6577C6BAE4.jpeg 236263C6-31F5-4E42-9B30-8F5437E2B4CC.jpeg
Taxes coming… I’ve got to go encourage and photograph some more chicken cuteness…

That is a cool idea...but those 2 roosts are awfully close together!
Yes, they were. I don't have a picture of it, but what I wound up doing in the end is making the roosts different heights. Some birds prefer the edge of the table which makes a 3rd roost, so the other two had to be somewhat offset from the edge. The "front" roost" is now much higher and the "back" roost is in the same spot. Worked out pretty well.

How about just travelling west a little? The weather is much nicer here 😂 how many tools can you fit in a horse trailer… I use a 6x12 cargo trailer for our “garage” now, NVM… the over length charges on the ferries are awful, it might be cheaper to fly in. I am building a very large “coop”… about 40x40, might also double as a goat barn… you never know? If I can Jimmy proof the flooring, that is! Morning Sun today
View attachment 2986440
Now about those sort of questionable looking trusses in the foreground… to avoid the obscene amount of taxes on this thread 😂 😉 I was thinking I might invite some people into a conversation re: my little human coop project? Anyone with some building experience? Or family with building experience or just some random ideas on construction? I’m so far off the plans at this point… lol current problem is making 33’ trusses fit a 44’ or greater span.
View attachment 2986449View attachment 2986450
Taxes coming… I’ve got to go encourage and photograph some more chicken cuteness…
Ok, so build for the 33' span you have, I assume you are doing a pole shed type structure? Also can do 2x6 framing, studs should be on 16" centres if framing; then run an addition done the side for the additional 10' to create your 44'. That is the only way.

Your weather looks lovely! So much green! It's white and grey here...

? I’m so far off the plans at this point… lol current problem is making 33’ trusses fit a 44’ or greater span.
View attachment 2986449View attachment 2986450
🤔Okay, so I'm NOT a carpenter...but, just a thought. :confused: Do you know what a dutch colonial is? Could you do something like that where each side 'leans in' 5.5 feet to make a 44' wide space become a 33' wide space at the top of the 2nd story walls? You would end up with a truly usable 2nd floor, and be able to use your rafters, too! Anyone with REAL carpentry experience, please feel free to concur or negate this idealistic thought.

If it works, your 'knee walls' would just be 'knee walls' for a giant, is all! :lau

What is a Dutch Colonial House? - Facts About Dutch Colonial Style Homes

What is a Dutch Colonial House? - Facts ...
housebeautiful.com

Ok, so build for the 33' span you have, I assume you are doing a pole shed type structure? Also can do 2x6 framing, studs should be on 16" centres if framing; then run an addition done the side for the additional 10' to create your 44'. That is the only way.

Your weather looks lovely! So much green! It's white and grey here...
Ohhh, I thought the trusses were for the house. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom