Well done training your hens to use the feeder. I haven't seen one like that before. Thank you for sharing.

The cockatoos have figured out how to open our treadle feeder. Luckily, they don't seem to like the plain chook pellets.

This is Alice using the treadle feeder during her big moult 2 years ago
View attachment 2988266View attachment 2988269

Edit: Sorry RC. Should have put the pics in a spoiler.... :lol:
WoW, Look at those legs!!!:cool:

Well done training your hens to use the feeder. I haven't seen one like that before. Thank you for sharing.

The cockatoos have figured out how to open our treadle feeder. Luckily, they don't seem to like the plain chook pellets.

This is Alice using the treadle feeder during her big moult 2 years ago
View attachment 2988266View attachment 2988269

Edit: Sorry RC. Should have put the pics in a spoiler.... :lol:
What breed?

I lost the thread again.

GIF by Equipe de France de Football
If you are using an internet browser, add it to your favorites.

Folks headed for airport. Went out to open coop...after daylight for once. Temp in low 40sF this morning. Jess got off the nest to join in the scratch frenzy. This time she's sounding like broody mama: constant buk buk buk. She's not nasty about it, more focused on inhaling food. Must be warm enough to not need a sitter. I got a pic of the nest!View attachment 2988391
1 brown, rest are white. Had to turn on flashlight just to check egg shade. Hand temp the eggs, nice and warm. The brown egg isn't the same as the one I saw earlier, so must be the one smashed on the ground I foundthe other day. Do they sometimes eject eggs that aren't developing? I took the eggs from other nests and left those (2, with Thing working on another). Maybe they're getting the idea that I'm leaving those alone? Glad they let me see them as now, if none hatch (now thinking at least some will), I know how many chicks to get and swap....would rather not do that just on chance of rejection, but have a back up plan.
Yes. Hens will reject non-developing eggs from the nest. Not always but some will.

Back
Top Bottom