No! I held off. Now I need to resist the urge to get like 6 at once!
You want them graduated so older are teaching younger and gaining more wisdom. That canny old great great granny will teach the newest generation some of those alert and evade tricks and the tribe gets smarter. Can you have a rooster or 2? Then they can hatch the next gen

You want them graduated so older are teaching younger and gaining more wisdom. That canny old great great granny will teach the newest generation some of those alert and evade tricks and the tribe gets smarter. Can you have a rooster or 2? Then they can hatch the next gen
Sadly not really possible.

Poppy is gone. I went out to let everyone loose this morning and while opening the door to the coop Poppy flew off the roost and crashed into the door. Thankfully it was quick and she was gone almost instantly although I'm shattered and been in tears all day.
Oh Rebecca. I am so sorry to hear that.
So sad.

:hugs :hugs :hugs

Poppy is gone. I went out to let everyone loose this morning and while opening the door to the coop Poppy flew off the roost and crashed into the door. Thankfully it was quick and she was gone almost instantly although I'm shattered and been in tears all day.
Oh no, I’m really sorry :hugs Did she jump into glass?

Frostbite
Yup. I am afraid it really is frostbite and a tad worse than I first thought. Still not too bad. I don’t see much swelling and she is very active and eating so hopefully the worst that will happen is she loses those two tips.
I feel bad because it shouldn’t happen and I should have known better.
I looked at all my endless photos of her and I am pretty sure it happened the night after she ran around in the rain and got wet. Although it wasn’t massively cold that night I probably should have brought her into the garage.
Poor Dotty. It may be the end of her modelling career.
D20F958F-45E7-4F53-ABD3-10EF1EE4F4E2.jpeg

Oh no! So sorry, what a crazy thing to happen😥

Oh, @RebeccaBoyd, I am so sorry to hear this....just when Chiquita and she were friends. I can't imagine having to witness that...and I know that Poppy was dear to you.:hugs:hugs:hugs I so hope that all 3 of Chiquita's eggs hatch and that you have a couple of girls from the hatch.....then Chiquita will have, once the chicks are grown, a friend and Branch will have a couple of girls.

I have grown to love Silkies and their spunk based on you're and a few others' stories (I need another breed like I need a whole in my head....🙄) ...but have been sooooooo tempted.

I thought battery hens didn't scratch, but mine learned pretty quickly from the older girls and in turn the littles taught their leaders rhythm on the plant pots :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom