While you do not yet have all the answers I'm very happy that Lily is still with you. Hopefully the Iron Beak has plenty of time left. My daughter sometimes reads over my shoulder and she caught where Lily was sick and she was praying for her yesterday as well. I had to let her see this morning that for now she is ok. She also now wants to do something this summer, but I told her I will have to check with you first BY Bob. She knows I'm hoping to hatch and keep a Corona daughter this year, she wants to name our keeper Lily in her honor.
No surprise really, you raise a lovely thoughtful and caring child.

So yesterday evening me and Rosie took a walk up the road to the house where I got my silkie eggs from last year. Rosie is friends with her son and they invited us up to see their new baby goats. I agreed to go with Rosie simply because I had yet to personally see what Branch and Poppy's parents looked like. First off, the baby goats were adorable and I do want the boy out of the 4 she has. Rosie was in heaven in the middle of the pen with the babies bouncing all around her and the momma's trying to eat the hood off her sweatshirt. Then I got sidetracked, the silkie coop is right beside the goat barn. They were not what I was expecting to see. I was told Branch and Poppy came from a all black flock, there was only 1 actual black silkie hen in that coop. The other 4 hens are blue, just a dark enough blue that could be mistaken for black but blue none the less. Branch's daddy, he's stunning. really dark slate grey body, and a copper head and neck. It explains why both Branch and Lil Bit have some sparse copper feathers in their hackles. Lil Bit had more of them than Branch does. To be honest I was so surprised with their colors that I asked her was those actually the silkies I got the eggs from and yup, the only silkie's she's ever had. Then I took a close look at her hens sizes because I've always thought Poppy was so tiny. Her hens were about the size of Branch, none of them were small. I will never know now, but, it reaffirmed my off and on suspicion that there was something internally wrong with Poppy. I'm very confident the black hen was Poppy's mother, she is the only one with a vaulted skull, and looks identical to her just twice her size. I was also once again offered some eggs to hatch when her hens pick back up laying again. I told her I'll think on it, but it sounds like a fair trade. 5 Branch x Chiquita eggs for 5 eggs from her girls. Even if I do decline to take any eggs I will make sure when she's ready for them to ensure she gets some Chiquita eggs. After all she did give me the eggs that led to my favorite boy Branch.
I have only one thing to say to you about this post: WHERE ARE THE PICTURES???
Baby goats, blue silkies, Rosie having her hood eaten. How can you deny us all these joys?!
That was probably too pushy. Sorry. Not sorry.
:oops:

Baby goats, blue silkies, Rosie having her hood eaten. How can you deny us all these joys?!
I agree with you. Geeze, how thoughtless. 😉

That is very interesting but I find myself wanting to see photos. 😆
Oooops. I think this means I owe SHRA tax.
How about Dotty without her last tail feather from a few days ago.
E4FBC5E2-6171-4D81-BE80-503CA419CEF8.jpeg

I'm sorry I did not take the camera. While she is a nice person, she does not like to post pictures herself on social media so I will respect her wishes.

I'm sorry I did not take the camera. While she is a nice person, she does not like to post pictures herself on social media so I will respect her wishes.
Totally respect that. I will just imagine baby goats and blue silkies and smile. You did a wonderful job describing them. :love

Is this considered “Social Media”? Oh no, I promised myself not to peck around in social media. 🏃🏼 Run away, run away!
Could not run away fast enough, I thought Facebook was lousy social media! tax:
Coco agrees View attachment 2996536
Oops, that’s Rocks-Anne. This is Coco:
(I need better glasses) :oops: 289E7F6E-1DEC-4323-B0FE-DE9482667826.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom