Hey all! You are all so lovely to reach out here (and my inbox is filled with kindness too).

All is well here. I kinda feel like a jerk just popping in to say "I'm sorry I'm MIA" and "I'm so busy."

However, yes... I am sorry and I have been crazy busy. Work has been relentless for the past 6 months (yay job security!).
I've been generally awful about being kind to myself and allowing little luxuries to make all the efforts more endurance, so I've been working on remedies.
Actually took time off and went on a retreat (think yoga and hiking). I came back with a better outlook. And Covid. Thank goodness it was a mild case bc it really sucked. As I sucked any desire to not be sleeping out of me. Fortunately I was able to segregate enough from the family and no one else caught it.

Kiddos are great! Eldest is thinking about what career path to delve into or if an advanced degree is a good call. He's got a year before graduation, so lots of conversations have and will continue to happen.
Youngest will be leaving the nest in fall for year 1 of college. He has been working and earning some crazy bank dog walking and sitting.

Hubby and I are looking forward to a trip of a lifetime in late summer (you know the details BGMath!) and I couldn't be happier to have it on the horizon.

The chickens are all in great shape and just such a joy! Naenae sometimes will take a nap on my lap if I can get outside in the afternoon. One day she had stretched out and layed sidewides and just snoozed. It was enough to make my heart burst that she trusts me so implicitly.
Even my most skittish girl, Pingu, is warming up to me. She will hop up and stand next to me when I sit on the bench. I think by end of summer she will crawl on my lap too 🥰

I cannot even pretend to be up to date on everyone - but I sure hope life has been kind to each of you.View attachment 3061871
Chicken tax... Piscia peering out of the newest and most desirable place to lay eggs. Who needs nest boxes??
You are back!!! :love :love :wee :wee

Hey all! You are all so lovely to reach out here (and my inbox is filled with kindness too).

All is well here. I kinda feel like a jerk just popping in to say "I'm sorry I'm MIA" and "I'm so busy."

However, yes... I am sorry and I have been crazy busy. Work has been relentless for the past 6 months (yay job security!).
I've been generally awful about being kind to myself and allowing little luxuries to make all the efforts more endurance, so I've been working on remedies.
Actually took time off and went on a retreat (think yoga and hiking). I came back with a better outlook. And Covid. Thank goodness it was a mild case bc it really sucked. As I sucked any desire to not be sleeping out of me. Fortunately I was able to segregate enough from the family and no one else caught it.

Kiddos are great! Eldest is thinking about what career path to delve into or if an advanced degree is a good call. He's got a year before graduation, so lots of conversations have and will continue to happen.
Youngest will be leaving the nest in fall for year 1 of college. He has been working and earning some crazy bank dog walking and sitting.

Hubby and I are looking forward to a trip of a lifetime in late summer (you know the details BGMath!) and I couldn't be happier to have it on the horizon.

The chickens are all in great shape and just such a joy! Naenae sometimes will take a nap on my lap if I can get outside in the afternoon. One day she had stretched out and layed sidewides and just snoozed. It was enough to make my heart burst that she trusts me so implicitly.
Even my most skittish girl, Pingu, is warming up to me. She will hop up and stand next to me when I sit on the bench. I think by end of summer she will crawl on my lap too 🥰

I cannot even pretend to be up to date on everyone - but I sure hope life has been kind to each of you.View attachment 3061871
Chicken tax... Piscia peering out of the newest and most desirable place to lay eggs. Who needs nest boxes??
Glad you're all doing well even with life getting bonkers!

It's so easy to get frustrated when inventing. I tend to walk away when I get there in order for my brain to work on the problem. The Cluckle Hut was all improvisation as nothing was square. I found it quite vexing at times. I redid one corner of the coop at least 5 times.
Five times? If you told us I didn't remember that. Vexing is a good word. I have perseverance in my favor. I can have patience once I realize it's not as I thought. A lot of vexing before then. There may - will - be a lot of walking away I imagine!

It’s hard to change the bedding in the nest boxes when they do this!View attachment 3061667
I think this one is scouting for a new hiding place to get broody as the trusses aren’t available anymore View attachment 3061668
And the white one in the back here is playing at being broody then breaking her eggs every morning 😡View attachment 3061669
Also a fun game “count all the goats in the hayfield” I got 27… but might be wrongView attachment 3061673
That is a lot of goats! :eek:

I've been generally awful about being kind to myself and allowing little luxuries to make all the efforts more endurable, so I've been working on remedies.
Actually took time off and went on a retreat (think yoga and hiking). I came back with a better outlook. And Covid. Thank goodness it was a mild case bc it really sucked. As in it sucked any desire to not be sleeping out of me. Fortunately I was able to segregate enough from the family and no one else caught it.

Hi Lady Red nice to meet you! Love that you had an awesome retreat, I need one of those too... One day!

I also have a lady who likes to lay eggs in shavings bags 🤗 isn't it the funniest thing ?!

IMG_20220413_191317.jpg
IMG_20220413_191325.jpg

Back
Top Bottom