Sorry to tell you this but it's the sire that determines sex of offspring šŸ’– blame it on the guy!

I would love to see a pic of the silkie x, feom m my two, one had silkie feathering and you could tell at a couple weeks he was going to be so. The other had normal feathering.

But neither had feathers on legs...
I thought in chickens it was the hen that had the ZW and the Roo that had ZZ.
I am blaming it all on Holly. 3 different boys, still produces mostly boys. It is that hens fault dang it.
Rightly so.

A very lazy afternoon. Chaco stands in the shade. And after a few apples šŸŽ she goes back to doing nothing. Iā€™m back home now, and the chickens are doing nothing but laying eggs. Jaffar is yelling at me (He wants to come inside with me) just not today. I donā€™t want to rooster-Sit at the moment. (If I see that movie ā€œCry Machoā€ again, Iā€™m gonna šŸ¤®) I donā€™t care if itā€™s his favorite movie or not!

Sorry to tell you this but it's the sire that determines sex of offspring šŸ’– blame it on the guy!

I would love to see a pic of the silkie x, feom m my two, one had silkie feathering and you could tell at a couple weeks he was going to be so. The other had normal feathering.

But neither had feathers on legs...
Nope, with chickens, it is the hen. Not a scientific source, but I have read this elsewhere, too.

Here are a few pictures of Twig and George. I'm not even going to give George a girl name in hopes of a pullet. I saw George before he was fully dried, noticed the comb and huge feet then. Dried and fluffed up I still see the comb.
DSCN7776.JPG
DSCN7772.JPG
DSCN7773.JPG

I do believe to some extent Twig will have a beard and fluffy cheeks.
DSCN7777.JPG
DSCN7770.JPG
DSCN7768.JPG

Come - 0n, @featherhead007 , ;)don't you listen to them? They are telling you what they want, but you aren't getting it.:th The life of a chicken...endless frustration getting your humans to listen and understand....right @RoyalChick
I have had a day of being yelled at by Maggie and Dotty. I don't know what I did wrong. They should have been happy today because it was wet and muddy and lots of bugs.

Back
Top Bottom