I came in for a cuddle and to see a video on my beakbok

20220601_172441.jpg

The chooks are still not adapting to the change. They all are more stand-Offish to me, than usual. I’m wondering if they blame me for Rocks-Anne’s demise? :idunno
I have had guests over lately, so maybe they are just afraid of humans in general?
Guests. I vote for this one. Whenever people want to see my chickens, they all run like Godzilla is invading. Even Nevada, who is always under my feet when it's just me. They may also still be trying to figure out a new flock order.

Alright! I have 14 beautiful chickens, used to have 20 but over the years, you know... Anyway, I have one RIR rooster, and 3 RIR ladies, Rudolphia, Meg, and Turnip. I have one Plymouth Rock named Lisa. One huge dark Brahma named Fluffers. 2 White Sussex’, named Angela and Twin of Angela. I have 3 Americauna’s, named Pam, Meredith, and Phillis. 2 Wellsummers named Donald and Trump. And finally, a Golden Laced Wyandotte. Her name is Dotty.

All of my chickens are so very kind. They will walk right over to me and get down so o can pet them. I love chickens like crazy but I am struggling because of predators.
They sound lovely 💖 do you have pics?

We all hear you on predation.... Hawks, eagles, fox, coyotes, bears and weasel, to name a few that plague some of us ☹️

The chooks are still not adapting to the change. They all are more stand-Offish to me, than usual. I’m wondering if they blame me for Rocks-Anne’s demise? :idunno
I have had guests over lately, so maybe they are just afraid of humans in general?
Flexi was off me for a long time when Amber died but she really enjoyed her cuddles today and had a good peck of pomegranate after :love

It's always the parents fault when things go wrong even when it rains

Back
Top Bottom