Jaffar is weak, and his keel bone shows out. He has to be hungry, so why doesn’t he eat? Any suggestions to make him eat? Please :bow
Think high calorie foods that he likes. I use corn when I can. Mine love it and it has tons of energy. The idea is to break the cycle and pump him up.

Yes, somehow they got out latch open as it was one which you twisted up and out. We ALWAYS shut the doors and at least I always check twice since we got the chickens because we have foxes. It only took one but left the door wide open and the chickens were running about, thankfully it didn’t come back that day.
I would upgrade latches to carabiner based ones that the fox absolutely cannot open. Like these.

20220602_105122.jpg

Rehab the Prefab

Since last Friday I have been on a quest to rehabilitate the old prefab coop from 2013. I promised Mrs BY Bob that I would beautify the backyard this year. So I decided that it rotting away in front of the shed was unattractive. I thought that I could paint it in a day and be done.

🙄

Right

I finished the majority of the work last night. I did a quick assembly this morning before work.

I also decided that I wanted to make it pretty so if I use it then it will not "junk up" the backyard.

On Monday my dad was over and told me how insane I was to be wasting so much time on it. This was while i was using a small craft brush to paint the corners of the peach panels.

"Just paint the whole thing with the spray gun and be done. The chickens don't care."

Mrs BY Bob cares.

What do you all think?

20220527_170205.jpg
20220527_170209.jpg
20220528_132834.jpg
20220528_132831.jpg
20220602_093133.jpg
20220602_093305.jpg
20220602_093344.jpg

There is still work to be done. The nest box is missing 2 bolts, has no floor and no roof. It needs a new coop floor and a new ramp.

Despite that I think I have saved it for a few more years. The run is in much worse shape and will need wood work to be made whole again.

Rehab the Prefab

Since last Friday I have been on a quest to rehabilitate the old prefab coop from 2013. I promised Mrs BY Bob that I would beautify the backyard this year. So I decided that it rotting away in front of the shed was unattractive. I thought that I could paint it in a day and be done.

🙄

Right

I finished the majority of the work last night. I did a quick assembly this morning before work.

I also decided that I wanted to make it pretty so if I use it then it will not "junk up" the backyard.

On Monday my dad was over and told me how insane I was to be wasting so much time on it. This was while i was using a small craft brush to paint the corners of the peach panels.

"Just paint the whole thing with the spray gun and be done. The chickens don't care."

Mrs BY Bob cares.

What do you all think?

View attachment 3133316View attachment 3133317View attachment 3133318View attachment 3133319View attachment 3133320View attachment 3133321View attachment 3133323

There is still work to be done. The nest box is missing 2 bolts, has no floor and no roof. It needs a new coop floor and a new ramp.

Despite that I think I have saved it for a few more years. The run is in much worse shape and will need wood work to be made whole again.
I LOVE IT!!

Back
Top Bottom