Shra- Should Have Read Ahead :)
Requires a tax payment of a photo of two or more chickens.
Thank you for explaining. Harper and Nevada, for being dumb tax.

Attachments

• H and N weeding.JPG
    H and N weeding.JPG
    468 KB · Views: 1
I was very relieved to hear Jaffar crowing out in the yard. I had thrown out some scratch with safflower seeds on the ground and the chooks started scratching around for it. Jaffar started feeding as well. Now, they are all chasing June beetles, that started showing up today. I’m keeping a close eye on the little guy today though.

If there is absolutely no standing water, then I would let her out with the others for her mental Health.
It’s forecast to be 16C (60.8F) today. They would be all in the run with minimal sun, poops and dirt, but no standing water. She‘s unlikely to eat all day but I’ll get some baby bird food into her and try her with some scrambled egg. What do you think?

I am having a very good time today. Last night my sister moved out into a apartment with her boyfriend. Mom is a mess, but, Sara gave Rosie her bedroom. As soon as she left with her last load Rosie started moving her stuff in. I admit I was having way too much fun throwing the mountain of stuffed animals across the hall at her. I also did not realize just how much stuff crammed into my room was hers. When she gets everything out it is going to be empty. It will also be a relief when she has sleepovers that I no longer get kicked out of my own bedroom to the couch.

Rehab the Prefab

Since last Friday I have been on a quest to rehabilitate the old prefab coop from 2013. I promised Mrs BY Bob that I would beautify the backyard this year. So I decided that it rotting away in front of the shed was unattractive. I thought that I could paint it in a day and be done.

🙄

Right

I finished the majority of the work last night. I did a quick assembly this morning before work.

I also decided that I wanted to make it pretty so if I use it then it will not "junk up" the backyard.

On Monday my dad was over and told me how insane I was to be wasting so much time on it. This was while i was using a small craft brush to paint the corners of the peach panels.

"Just paint the whole thing with the spray gun and be done. The chickens don't care."

Mrs BY Bob cares.

What do you all think?

View attachment 3133316View attachment 3133317View attachment 3133318View attachment 3133319View attachment 3133320View attachment 3133321View attachment 3133323

There is still work to be done. The nest box is missing 2 bolts, has no floor and no roof. It needs a new coop floor and a new ramp.

Despite that I think I have saved it for a few more years. The run is in much worse shape and will need wood work to be made whole again.
It looks good! And if you found it cathartic whilst painting it then it was not a waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom