Dakota: (she wanted to show her mug today too) CD69C3D4-2F44-4648-AC53-1ED54B2F5C94.jpeg

Hi, guys. Remember two summers ago when I gouged my sclera (white part of the eye) while cleaning out a giant brush pile? Well, yesterday Lucky pecked me in the other eye. It hurt, but I went about my business. As the day went on, however, it got a little worse. I had some leftover erythromycin ointment from the first injury so use that a couple times and wore a patch to sleep in. Well, this morning it was swollen, pink and sore so I sought medical attention. Yep! I have a corneal abrasion. What’s with me and eye injuries?
View attachment 3138538

(if you look closely, you can see my eyes are still dilated from the ophthalmology appointment.)

Tax (the culprit)
View attachment 3138539
Oh no! That does not look fun. Naughty girl.

Yes, that is the post. Unfortunately, sites pull studies, and rotate in newer ones - looks like that study is no longer available. There were 3 types of worms it protected against. :(
oops, I think I replied part here and part directly to @ChicoryBlue For everyone, I've been able to re-find the study, and download it, so am posting it here. Feel free to bookmark it as I have the darndest time finding posts later. I have absolutely NO idea how @BY Bob Bob pulls up old posts of his like there's no tomorrow!

Attachments

• Evaluation of the in vivo efficacy of pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo) se.pdf
    662.6 KB · Views: 2
Well I just saw something out of Ezzie that now worries me. The hooligans were all piled up resting under a bush when Ezzie came to join them. Ezzie grabbed one of the "Mystery" red girls on the back of the neck and stood on her back for about 2 seconds. This was 1 of 2 things, Ezzie wanted that spot and showed dominance as the red girl moved out of the way. Or 2, the unthinkable, Ezzie is a boy and was getting ready to attempt to mate. I want to think dominance, but that very clearly looked like a young boy starting to test himself with the girls. Excuse me a minute while I go off to cry, I will probably start hearing first attempts at crowing before too much longer.
Naww… I bet it was dominance.

Hello everyone.
I have a little question that I'm sure some of you can answer, those who have both chicks and cats in their household.
How do you handle it, do you let the cats come near the chicks or keep them away until the chicks get bigger?

Grochatila and princess Hibou are both very good hunters, unfortunately they love birds ( love as in finding them delicious 😋). They are scared of my standard hens but the chicks mother is a bantam and they are definitely not scared of her.
View attachment 3138675
I don’t have cats, but there is no way I’d let them near baby chicks.

Back
Top Bottom