I haven’t watched the whole thing but a snippet of it was on FB, go from 26.19. :D

Have watched, the hen had an impacted crop which the vet did surgery on. I would have liked to see the surgery but they didn’t show. There was a mass of long grass in her crop apparently. Then they put a crop bra on her 😊

That was very interesting thanks for sharing!

Those ducks are very pretty!
Thank you! They are Welsh Harlequins :)

They should start laying soon (i.e. in about a month). They are somewhere around 20 weeks old, and ducks generally start to lay around 6 mos. Someone gave them to me because it turns out that her mother is allergic to ducks!:(

Some of you may remember that we had to rehome Maryanne last year since her other two companions died. We're told that she is the lead hen there now. I don't don't how she managed to do that in such a short amount of time, but I'm sure happy she's not at the bottom of the order get pecked to death.

Just got this picture of her with her mates. She is the rightmost one. 😁

View attachment 3187581
That is wonderful news! I'm so glad she settled in and was able to become 'queen' of her new tribe. So good for her to have a chicken family again, too!❤️❤️❤️

Thank you Bob! 😉

By the way, I caught my first salmon this evening, too small to keep. (Live in WA for 8 years and never caught one.) But then, I had a giant on my line, sadly, he snapped the line. :barnie
Wow! So cool! My Dad used to salmon fish the Genesee river in NY. It's a real accomplishment to land one at all. Great job!

Roosting Fun Again Tonight

View attachment 3187720

How about some chest rubs ladies?

For those who wondered. I put Gucci into the coop. Lady Featherington flew to the porch and then strolled in. Glynda went up the ramp.
Awww, loved how Glynda leaned in when you were rubbing Lady Featherington's chest. Like, 'hey, don't I get some too??' Those two are definitely smitten on you!😘❤️

Thank you! They are Welsh Harlequins :)

They should start laying soon (i.e. in about a month). They are somewhere around 20 weeks old, and ducks generally start to lay around 6 mos. Someone gave them to me because it turns out that her mother is allergic to ducks!:(
Wow lucky for you!

Too bad for her tho….

I hear ducks can lay two eggs a day is that true?

Back
Top Bottom