Today has not gone as planned. The plan was a lot of nothing and some baking.
That is what retirement is for.
Instead it has been a whirlwind of not such fun stuff.
But, come 2pm it all quieted down and I was able to let the Princesses out and sat down ‘for just a minute’ in their chicken garden to keep them company and maybe get some good pictures.
Well it is 70 degrees with clear skies and an oh so gentle breeze. And the sun was beating down on my head and I was simply unable to keep my eyes open.

💤

I just woke up. Total silence. No sign of any chickens. Me completely in a panic and stricken with guilt. I had one job which is to keep them safe while I am outside with them. Just one job.

Look who I found right under my chair.
❤️❤️
B59298DE-35A9-4669-B8A1-7EC874E6D24B.jpeg
1F5059C1-3735-42C2-B9B2-0E72B98EBF25.jpeg

But, come 2pm it all quieted down and I was able to let the Princesses out and sat down ‘for just a minute’ in their chicken garden to keep them company and maybe get some good pictures.
Well it is 70 degrees with clear skies and an oh so gentle breeze. And the sun was beating down on my head and I was simply unable to keep my eyes open.

💤

I just woke up. Total silence. No sign of any chickens. Me completely in a panic and stricken with guilt. I had one job which is to keep them safe while I am outside with them. Just one job.

❤️❤️
View attachment 3312418View attachment 3312419
you kept them very safe :gig

💤

❤️❤️
View attachment 3312418View attachment 3312419
You didn’t see that Cessna SkyHawk flying overhead? What a shame!

Last night Asphodel wasn't in the coop. Hunted over the hillside with flashlights, nothing. Looking in daylight, nothing. Either she's turned up broody in a well hidden spot (unlikely given the time of year) or something got her.
Oh no 😢 sure hope she is broody

Thank you :) It was quite an adventure given that neither my husband nor I have any construction experience at all prior to this.

Yes, Oreo has perfected his loud and proud crow! Fortunately for us and everyone up and down our street he only does this in the morning when I let them out, after that he remains quiet the rest of the day.
Wow in that case excellent job to both of you!

Back
Top Bottom