Hello everybody! I feel like it's been forever since I've posted! I'm glad to be back! And I've got a couple of surprises! So, recently I've suffered a pretty bad injury to my left leg, but I'm getting better.
So.... in all that time I've been away from my BYC friends a lot has happened, my boyfriend gave me the idea to start a garden!
So I said.... okay! I've got a huge backyard I'm practically wasting! I had a great friend of mine plow up the field, I got it tilled, and soon it was ready for planting! A few days ago, I planted some tomatoes and bell pepper plants, and planted some squash and cucumber seeds! And a special little area for sunflowers! I'll be sure to get you guys some photos soon!

Okay.... sorry to make this so long but I know you all pretty much adore baby chicks! So, the news, I got new chicks! They are white leghorns. I already have 3 white leghorns now that are about exactly a year old, and a six year old RIR hen, who is sometimes sweet, but always sassy lol. Anyways, 7 new additions arrived today! And all look happy and healthy so far! I did buy a few save a chick packets just in case of an emergency. You've been waiting long enough, I'm ready to share photos of the chicks!
Your leghorns are cute. If you look through this thread you will find photos of Empress Josephine, the Exchequer Leghorn.

My ‘red bowl’ is a play on the words ‘Redbull’ which is a Caffeine drink, their jingle is ‘Redbull, gives you wings’.

When I show my kiddos the red bowl they will run/fly back to me a they know it has scratch grain for them 😊 it gives them wings 😁
Now that makes sense. But they were born with wings.
(I tend to look at things literally)

Never heard of it before, don’t think it’s poisonous as it’s used as a tea.

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-123/mugwort
In general artemesia tend to be ‘medically active’ for good and ill. They are used a lot as herbal supplements and some are quite powerful at repelling insects. Some are toxic and I think many are at high doses. Don’t know about this one in particular. Just hope Babs knows what she is doing!

Oooh, she sounds interesting.
20230503_124047.jpg

Back
Top Bottom