OMG they are hilarious aren't they? They taste freedom and that's the end of it - they will be flying and running everywhere.

I found that they like to run under the foot stools I have here in the barn. I have three of these foot stools and I have them lined up out of the way and they chicks learned to run under there if the big girls go after them - well except Marty the vicious little lady can fit under there ha!

Oh just wait till you let them out - they will be so eggcited! But I bet if you sat there they will run a bit but run back to you right away. That is how I let mine out, and I was able to keep the big ones away with a lift of my foot :)
Oh foot stools - what a good idea - I have a lot of plastic little stools I use outside to sit or stand on. I will put a few of those around.
I need to put the fire escape in place - I may do that later today or maybe tomorrow. Remember mine are high up so they need a safe way of getting back up into the brooder box. I built what I call the fire escape with a series of ladders they can scamper up.
Or they can just fly straight to the top. Their choice!

I have a mission today, I need to get some chick pictures. The size difference between Gryffyns 2 chick is mind boggling. The blue one is a large fowl cochin x Marans mix and is huge compared to it's silkie cross sibling. There is also a size difference between Goose's 3 biological chicks and the pure silkie. It is not nothing compared to Gryffyns 2 but it is noticeable. Those 2 tiny chicks though are spitfires. Nothing fazes them and they are first in line when Momma finds a treat.
Oh I can't wait to see your Silkie baby and see how it compares to those three here, I have nothing to compare them to other than it's regular chicken hatch mate who is almost twice their size.

I cannot wait to see that Cochin mix baby also - oh I hope it's a nice hen!

Certain dogs of mine pile up on me no matter what I am doing so when I am running power equipment I put everyone back in the kennel for their safety and mine.
I have the same problem with the horses, they want to see what I am doing - even running the saw they are right there inspecting my work - I feel like I should give them safety goggles to protect from the flying shavings hahahahaha!

The chickens though really surprise me, I would have figured they would be terrified of all that loud noise, but nope they really seem to enjoy watching me slave and slug for them :D

I have the same problem with the horses, they want to see what I am doing - even running the saw they are right there inspecting my work - I feel like I should give them safety goggles to protect from the flying shavings hahahahaha!

The chickens though really surprise me, I would have figured they would be terrified of all that loud noise, but nope they really seem to enjoy watching me slave and slug for them :D
All my chickens have enjoyed the use of power tools.
They prefer when I dig holes with a shovel, but power tools is the next best thing.

I'm sorry about your injury but glad to hear you are on the mend. Have fun with your garden. Yay for a new group of Marshmallows. It does not seem like that long ago when my Marshmallow Mafia were tiny innocent fluff balls. Now they are teenage stalkers with a thirst for violence towards songbirds and cats and general trouble making. I swear before long one is going to be on the roof. They hop up on the 4-wheeler and look at the barn roof. They are plotting and calculating and it is only a matter of time.
Ah, teenage chickens. Reminds me of my RIR Hailey about 5 1/2 years ago lol.

Back
Top Bottom