I do think it's wry neck. Am anxious for the selenium/vitamin E to get here as our multivitamin does not have them in high enough concentration for the recommended dosage. Am going out of town before it will arrive but I have faith in nurse Lety.
Yes I am sure she will get her to take her meds.

Oooo new song - Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, the medicine go down…… 😁

Yay now that’s stuck in my head ha!

Black lab, yes. First dog since starting our family over 20 years ago. My family has typically gone with literary names: Beorn of Carrock, Gurgi (chronicles of prydain), Arwen.... this little fellow is 9 weeks, calmest, quietest pup I've ever seen and has big feet. He's on his 2nd nap (had 2 walks) and may be down for the night.
Oh sorry that he was a chocolate lab from the photo.

Ok so how about King Rex 😊

Black lab, yes. First dog since starting our family over 20 years ago. My family has typically gone with literary names: Beorn of Carrock, Gurgi (chronicles of prydain), Arwen.... this little fellow is 9 weeks, calmest, quietest pup I've ever seen and has big feet. He's on his 2nd nap (had 2 walks) and may be down for the night.
“I had rather be a dog, and bay the moon, Than such a Roman”

(Shakespeare- Julius Cesar)

So how about Roman 😊

I don't know... Arwen is Elrond's daughter I think in Lord of the Rings, but maybe Aragorn would be more suiting? Sauron (the villain in Lord of the Rings, as in the great eye of Sauron)? Boromir, the guy from Gondor (the steward's oldest son) and there's also the youngest son of the steward of Gondor, Faramir...? How about Legolas? Huh.. Frodo or Sam? Bilbo? Oooh, GOLLUM? There's lots of choices. That's all from Lord of the Rings. That's my side of names to choose from :)
Name tax
Mabel and Sally
View attachment 3595759
Mabel is a great name for a hen - love it!

I know you had a lot of rain...but you need a bridge to get to the barn???😱 Oh. my, that IS a lot of rain/water. ☔And I thought it was bad here getting about 20-21" in 3 weeks - we are okay, just have a few small puddles! )the ducks are quite disappointed that their impromptu pond has all but 'flown' away down hill/stream!)
The Fates have decreed that I shall have my wireless bridge back up and running.

We had a power flicker at around 10:20pm the power went out completely for about a second, and that reset my bridges!

Thank you Fates much appreciated ❤️

Chooks are all good and so are the horses (Truly is upright)

3B4562CA-FB49-422B-A507-3E21D6C963A3.png
D2C1DFF1-F61E-4892-BEAC-E55FDB58C045.png

A tribute to a fallen Queen.

You came into this world during the wee hours of May 15 2020. The world was going crazy but you were a innocent ball of yellow fluff. We cannot say tiny because Butter girl, you were never tiny.
View attachment 3588724
It did not take you long until you were towering over your siblings. Yes at this point I was questioning you on if you were a boy.
View attachment 3588730
You were also a pig, you never saw a day of hunger in you life. If it could be swallowed, you swallowed it.
View attachment 3588732View attachment 3588733
Not even 3 months old yet but getting a preview of the beauty you were to become.
View attachment 3588734
Exactly 4 months old here. Butter you already had mom wrapped your toes. The phrase "Whatever Butter wants, Butter gets" was already in use.
View attachment 3588736
You never got into trouble as a youngster, you had minions for that. Instead you excelled at napping and supervising your future domain.
View attachment 3588738
The snow and the cold never bothered you. You had extra fluff for protection and used it as a backdrop, and a snack.
View attachment 3588739View attachment 3588740
You bucked the orpington trend of being broody. Chicks were not in your cards although you saw many of them come and go in your life. I could always count on you to ensure fair treatment at night once their momma's abandoned them. They knew they could count on you to shield them from pecks and flocked to you. You did become a mother though thanks to momma hen when your daughter Squirrel was born.
View attachment 3588742
Butter dear you gave me your first scare a month shy of your first birthday. You managed to receive a glancing blow from Dirt while he was playing. You were paralyzed and for the first few days unable to stand even with assistance. We were preparing ourselves to let you go when you rallied. 5 days in you laid a egg again letting us know everything was ok internally. You also started to stand for short times with assistance. Your stay inside cemented it in your mind that if you wanted to come inside you could and would. In fact you took it upon yourself to ensure stays inside your next 2 winters when you molted extremely late and it was either bring you in or let you freeze.
View attachment 3588743View attachment 3588744
Once you rejoined your flock in 2 months your limp was gone and you could run again. You also at that point took over as the undisputed Queen of the flock. You were never ruthless but was able to keep the others in line with a simple glare. Momma hen even backed down to you.
View attachment 3588753
Farewell my sweet Butter. May you have your fill of raisins every day and nap until your hearts content.
A tribute to a fallen Queen.

You came into this world during the wee hours of May 15 2020. The world was going crazy but you were a innocent ball of yellow fluff. We cannot say tiny because Butter girl, you were never tiny.
View attachment 3588724
It did not take you long until you were towering over your siblings. Yes at this point I was questioning you on if you were a boy.
View attachment 3588730
You were also a pig, you never saw a day of hunger in you life. If it could be swallowed, you swallowed it.
View attachment 3588732View attachment 3588733
Not even 3 months old yet but getting a preview of the beauty you were to become.
View attachment 3588734
Exactly 4 months old here. Butter you already had mom wrapped your toes. The phrase "Whatever Butter wants, Butter gets" was already in use.
View attachment 3588736
You never got into trouble as a youngster, you had minions for that. Instead you excelled at napping and supervising your future domain.
View attachment 3588738
The snow and the cold never bothered you. You had extra fluff for protection and used it as a backdrop, and a snack.
View attachment 3588739View attachment 3588740
You bucked the orpington trend of being broody. Chicks were not in your cards although you saw many of them come and go in your life. I could always count on you to ensure fair treatment at night once their momma's abandoned them. They knew they could count on you to shield them from pecks and flocked to you. You did become a mother though thanks to momma hen when your daughter Squirrel was born.
View attachment 3588742
Butter dear you gave me your first scare a month shy of your first birthday. You managed to receive a glancing blow from Dirt while he was playing. You were paralyzed and for the first few days unable to stand even with assistance. We were preparing ourselves to let you go when you rallied. 5 days in you laid a egg again letting us know everything was ok internally. You also started to stand for short times with assistance. Your stay inside cemented it in your mind that if you wanted to come inside you could and would. In fact you took it upon yourself to ensure stays inside your next 2 winters when you molted extremely late and it was either bring you in or let you freeze.
View attachment 3588743View attachment 3588744
Once you rejoined your flock in 2 months your limp was gone and you could run again. You also at that point took over as the undisputed Queen of the flock. You were never ruthless but was able to keep the others in line with a simple glare. Momma hen even backed down to you.
View attachment 3588753
Farewell my sweet Butter. May you have your fill of raisins every day and nap until your hearts content.
Oh no, not Butter! :hit I’m so sorry Rebecca.:hugs:hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom