Oops! Almost forgot!
Fluffy Butt Friday!
1000003946.jpg

Box said “This product must be assembled by an authorized medical equipment technician” so I called a nurse practitioner from my doctors office.
These legal hoops we must jump through is ridiculous. But I understand why they want it done professionally. :old :rolleyes:
I just had a vision of one of the big wheels falling off 😳😁

Tippy says ‘do it right the first time!’ Or she will peck an eye out….

55FBF240-706E-4C39-A1BC-A4A592AC0C4E.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh, no, of course not!:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau

Ducks are super fun, and yet....super messy!!! Their poop is liquid...and they splash and cavort so energetically in their 'bath water'. It is fun to watch them....but stand AT LEAST 5 feet away or else plan on getting soaked! They definitely have a 'splash zone' of at least a 5' radius. AND - as is their nature in the wild - siphon water through their beaks - so any and all 'drinking water' gets sucked in and squirted out the sides of their beaks :rolleyes:- and while they can(and mine do) drink with nipple waterers, they also need a deep water source so they can clear their nares (they need to be able to dunk their full beaks into the water - they then blow to clear their nares - it is the duck equivalent of a kid blowing bubbles in their milk with a straw...funny as long as you aren't right next to the waterer trying to fill it when they do this (ask me how I know!!! I have now learned to fill all waterers BEFORE opening my 2 duck/goose coops. Chickies out first to drink CLEAN water before the ducks muck it up - finish filling the remaining waterers..then release the ducks and geese.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Also, they have a propensity for what I call 'drilling' They shove their beak into the bedding, dirt, muck looking for worms, grubs and other delicious insect treats. In the course of doing this, their beaks get absolutely filthy ...then what do they do???? Why, go dunk them in their water and blow bubbles, making the water a filthy mess and spraying dirty water everywhere!:lau:lau:lau:lau

I have 1 gal. rubber buckets (multiple of them) in addition to a few large nipple waterers for water for the ducks. Each evening, I bring out a gallon jug of water just to clean out the water bins as they have a coating of mud in them - every single one of the open waterers do - sometimes up to an inch thick, despite them frequently being rinsed out at noon (weekends and my 2 remote days).

They ARE cute and funny and fun little characters....but I emphasize the word 'character' and that their middle name is 'messy'. If you can have them, do, but also be prepared!!!!
Which is why my nieces duckies are not here. As much as I like the Indian Runners they are just too messy for me.

Back
Top Bottom