Sooo, I snooped on craigslist. Not sure of pastels exact location so started with Albany Georgia. There was 1 listing for a roo in that area. But, in surrounding areas there was a total of 61 listings. Several listing of silkie chicks, a black silkie pair for 20 which is a very good price and one I would jump on if I was in the market for a pair. Another 4 month old white pair for $35. Not sexed but seller thinks a pullet/cockerel pair. To be fair, silkies are hard to sex so take that with a grain of salt. Ok, done enabling and I need to look away. Lots of chicks available for a very very fair price per chick.
STOP 🛑! Back away from the device. You’re not getting any more chicks this month! (Tell yourself, over and over, I don’t need chicks, no more chicks)🐣

STOP 🛑! Back away from the device. You’re not getting any more chicks this month! (Tell yourself, over and over, I don’t need chicks, no more chicks)🐣
Like this pair?
77157539-2F80-43AE-AF24-2C0B2B61E097.jpeg

Tonight I was doing my evening torture the chicks time and notes that Bert also has some
Caramel coloured spots coming through and he has gorgeous deep blue ears 😊💕

Gosh I hope he doesn’t become a troll and make me furious and mad and have to get rid of him. He is such a gorgeous wee fella.

Randy has gone to his new home. The lady who came was about my age and a self-described "crazy chicken lady". We determined only one of those would come get a rooster at 8 p.m. in 3° weather. She texted on the way home with him that he was being quiet as a mouse in the box I stuffed him in (that was an adventure) and that she loved him already! She's promised to let me know when he's settled in and if he makes her any pretty chicks.

All in all, it's 100% for the best and I think I found him a really good home!

Randy has gone to his new home. The lady who came was about my age and a self-described "crazy chicken lady". We determined only one of those would come get a rooster at 8 p.m. in 3° weather. She texted on the way home with him that he was being quiet as a mouse in the box I stuffed him in (that was an adventure) and that she loved him already! She's promised to let me know when he's settled in and if he makes her any pretty chicks.

All in all, it's 100% for the best and I think I found him a really good home!
Well done!

🤔 This is Rebecca you are talking about here, right.
Come on man. That's like telling Kelly to stop collecting more chickens. Kelly's and Rebecca's maths is worse than mine when it comes to counting how much chocolate I've eaten

All I am going to say is Pastel has a nicer silkie option then my local craigslist adds. Trust me I know, I had to look. Dang it, Poppet come on lay a egg now. After that first egg is laid I am going on a countdown for a month and then chickie time.

Back
Top Bottom