A bird trying my homemade suet! The chickens taste tested it and approved. They're great food testers.View attachment 3727398
View attachment 3727399
Gramma bought these MASSIVE suet feeders, I could fit a ton of normal suet blocks in that triangle one. I believe she bought xl 4x suets for the green one there!
Mom said gramma would chunk up oranges for the orioles and put them there too, I wonder if they eat non-citrus fruits? I dare not risk triggering my allergy for it.
My neighbour puts out a hunk of beef or pork fat he gets from the butcher - the jays, chickadee, and whiskey-jacks all like pecking away at it. But make sure it’s gone before getting warmer weather, otherwise it stinks!

We’re finally starting to claw our way out of the arctic freeze here in Seattle, as the temp made it above 20 degrees (-6.7 C) and will stay that way for the foreseeable forecast!View attachment 3726182Fez seemed the hardest hit by the cold- she maintained the basketball poof appearance nearly the entire time… but being a marans, she is also one of my fluffiest gals. Quincy joined her for a feeling-sorry-for-ourselves cuddle.

View attachment 3726186 My son (3yo) helped with the chickens this morning. He was tickled that we finally have a touchable one! Perry was very calm for him and appreciated that he brought her out for some morning mash.

View attachment 3726184
New roosting line-up! For two nights now, Albert and Whiskey have joined the other gals on the long main perch. If they keep this up, it’ll free up the shorter elevated perch for Perry to move onto... whenever I feel she’ll be safe without a cage. :confused:
I love the 2nd picture. Adorable!

Of course! I got a raised eyebrow at the "up to 12 chickens" size...then did some backwards math to explain why it's perfect for our six. 😏
Considering I heard hubby tell kiddo we could talk about a pompom chicken "next time we get chickens" I think the math is rubbing off on him too.
Did you say pompon?

20210810_082331.jpg

Back
Top Bottom