He is a Quarab, and I just got him early last year. He is a rescue, and I didn't know at first because he wasn't really limping or acting odd, but he has chronic lamenitis. He was actually lame on all 4 feet, and since it was balanced, you couldn't tell. My farrier originally said that it was bad enough that he would never be rideable, and might not make the winter. I changed his diet and monitor him pretty heavily, and when she came out a couple weeks ago, she said that he'd grown half a hoofs worth of new growth, and in a year, he'd be clear to ride lightly. Luckily, I wasn't going to ride him heavily anyway, so we're all good!
That sounds like a wonderful development. I'm so glad for you both.

This should be a short little video of Gumbo. He was making the typical “Ooh, there’s food!” Rooster noise.
Sorry, but I’m sure he’s a rooster. He’s my fourth roo that I’ve had. He’s almost as big as Pastel, and he’s twice the size of my full grown hens (almost twice the size)

IMG_2318.jpeg
IMG_2326.jpeg

Aww, he's beautiful! what was he? Quarter horse?
This is him with his owner. My instructor was leasing him for a year. He moved about two hours away from where I live. I personally think that he looks good in navy blue, but Royal blue looks even better. I think that darker blue just looks odd on him.
IMG_5167.jpeg

But look at royal blue on him!!
IMG_1133.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom