The others might see a bit of dirt and then they all start pecking it, causing bleeding, which in turn turns into a "Mmm blood looks good let's eat it".
Yes I am familiar with that concept - poor Mr P is once again being pecked at - poor fella 😟

He is gonna end up with a green topknot soon - just in time for Paddy’s Day 😆

I don't know. What I do know is those very sweet Buff Orpingtons try to kill the Bigs every chance they get. I've seen one standing on Agathae rooster-style while pecking her super hard.
When Victoria died, we thought it was the gas smell from the gas meter (it was leaking and they were fixing it and it made a big stink), so we brought the Bigs and the Littles into my office. Those Buff Orpingtons cornered Josey and tried to peck her to death.

People say one thing about a chicken breed's personality but it really varies on how they're raised and the other breeds mixed with them.
This is true, Same as with anything - you cannot generalize - many factors play into how any animal acts/reacts.

People say silkies are sweet and loving - they never met Marty 😆

Still it cried ‘Sleep no more!’ to all the house: ‘Glamis hath murder’d sleep, and therefore Cawdor shall sleep no more,—Macbeth shall sleep no more.

Shakespeare: Macbeth

Wondering why the quote of MacBeth ? This house is ‘sleep no more’. I was awoken by the electrical breakers going in the kitchen, then the Generator kicked in - it is at this point I am fully awake. The ‘Geny’ is right outside the house near my bedroom - it’s quite noisy.

Checked the barn cams….

Chooks are good….
0278C4A4-C19C-4AF6-BD41-A6DB46C2815B.png

And horses also.
637C720A-6A9F-4D64-B738-BCF7CEFD9429.png

Outside looks good, no snow so it isn’t very bright on the outside cams.

Hmmm wonder what’s up with the electricity being out…? It’s not snowy so roads shouldn’t be icy, there are thunderstorms slated for tonight but I haven’t heard any thunder here…. It’s not overly windy - hmmm I wonder what’s up!?

Back
Top Bottom