Hey all! Life just isn't allowing me to do much more than lurk these days. I keep popping on and trying to read a bit...but you folks all know hour fast this thread moves. Hope all is well.

We're pretty good here...except poor Sheba. She just can't catch a break. I've decided that I badly misjudged my roosters. 😞 I hope they're happy in their new homes.

But Sheba, I guess this is bullying. 😞 I suppose I should have caught it sooner, but at times I don't get out to the coop except for shutting it up and my husband...well, observant he's not. Her bald patches never grew back in...but today I found this:
1000005477.jpg
1000005478.jpg

She isn't bleeding. She doesn't act injured. All the others are fine. (They look bedraggled because of the pouring rain all day.) She's being bullied, right? One of the others is doing this? I mean, this isn't moulting and no one else has bald spots. I've noticed no mites.

Other than putting her into the small coop to heal, I don't know what to do. I'd take out the bully if I knew who it was. It could be Meanie or Goldie. It's not Eenie that I can imagine. Poor girl.

Anyone have suggestions?

Hey all! Life just isn't allowing me to do much more than lurk these days. I keep popping on and trying to read a bit...but you folks all know hour fast this thread moves. Hope all is well.

We're pretty good here...except poor Sheba. She just can't catch a break. I've decided that I badly misjudged my roosters. 😞 I hope they're happy in their new homes.

But Sheba, I guess this is bullying. 😞 I suppose I should have caught it sooner, but at times I don't get out to the coop except for shutting it up and my husband...well, observant he's not. Her bald patches never grew back in...but today I found this: View attachment 3766246View attachment 3766247

She isn't bleeding. She doesn't act injured. All the others are fine. (They look bedraggled because of the pouring rain all day.) She's being bullied, right? One of the others is doing this? I mean, this isn't moulting and no one else has bald spots. I've noticed no mites.

Other than putting her into the small coop to heal, I don't know what to do. I'd take out the bully if I knew who it was. It could be Meanie or Goldie. It's not Eenie that I can imagine. Poor girl.

Anyone have suggestions?
Hello! Hope everything is good other than your hen. She might be moulting… hard to say. Is she eating well? Acting normal otherwise?
❤️

Completely normal. Does this look like a moult? The others never got this naked!
I have had my girls go bald many times, and then I have also had them do a spot moult. Or like my Silkies this past winter do a slow moult leaving their other feathers in place.

This was last Oct Misty getting over her heavy moult
3F6F9507-9339-49A9-AD69-DAB410723870.jpeg
3827E249-2B20-4F1A-9795-9C2B048186EA.jpeg

Everywhere you are those new feathers she was bald 😳

Back
Top Bottom