Horse talk requires off topic tax (I like seeing wattles and barred rocks…).

Sundays are PONY SUNDAY !!! Woohooo !! All the horse talk we want and emu, camel, hairy coos, goats and iguanas! Oh and spiny lizards 💕😊
Let me see what I have here..
20220305_172508.jpg

A baby Lavender Orpington! I can't tell which, as I had 4 that were identical. Maybe Sissy. Yes, a lot of throwbacks lately, my birds were left with neighbors when I moved, and I am currently planning a new flock for this spring.

I guess we’re not needing last resort measures yet.
She’s not eating any actual chicken food, but will take nearly any kitchen scraps I send her way. If I’m going to be doing this long term, I was hoping to have an easier way to ensure she was getting a balanced diet. For example: protein. We (more often than not) eat vegetarian at home so the only protein she’s getting right now is scrambled egg.
There’s a chance she’s eating when I’m not there, but the result of whatever she is consuming is the same: empty crop and lethargy. 😕
Scrambled eggs have a lot of protein.

Hi pretty girl. Is that Albert? Is she the hen that’s not feeling well?

Also, I am just going to ignore the color thing because I have no idea how to do all of that stuff… someone who does will pop on here soon enough!
Yes! It’s the hen who feels crappy- but will eat worms if I dig them up for her I found out haha.

I wouldn’t tube feed. But think of ways to tempt her to eat different things and get some protein. Do you eat dairy? Mine love cheese and yoghurt if you prefer not to give them fish or meat.
Oh really! Yes we eat tons of dairy- this is good to hear. For some reason I had it in mind that that was something to give in minimal amounts since it would be difficult for a bird gut to digest. But I have no real founded reason to think that I guess.

Oh, and I’m happy for everyone to eat meat and fish: my spouse would just kill me if I started purposely buying groceries for the chickens 😅.

Oh really! Yes we eat tons of dairy- this is good to hear. For some reason I had it in mind that that was something to give in minimal amounts since it would be difficult for a bird gut to digest. But I have no real founded reason to think that I guess.

Oh, and I’m happy for everyone to eat meat and fish: my spouse would just kill me if I started purposely buying groceries for the chickens 😅.
It used to be standard to feed chickens left over bread soaked in milk. Mine routinely eat cheese and yoghurt.
I wonder if you could find a neighbor who might have meat or fish scraps.

So, I thought that I hid my all nighter really well, but my parents found out. So now I am grounded, they didn’t want me to go to school today (but I convinced them that I needed to) and I can’t go to the rodeo tonight. Which sucks because I’m the FFA president at my school. It sucks because I won’t be there to support my schools chapter. I’m still trying to convince my dad to let me go. He yelled at me for about 30 minutes this morning, and apparently he is going to yell at me the rest of the evening. He is going to take my phone, my books, my alarm clock that doubles as a radio and probably more stuff.

I feel oddly relaxed and refreshed today, besides the fact that I got maybe 30 mins of sleep last night. I fell asleep at my desk…

Glad I’m not married, or yes I would be in deep 💩

Back
Top Bottom