I loved that picture of Red sleeping in the sun earlier. Hah - what is the BYC underground? @janiedoe
I am sure surprised she has lived this long - but I keep shoving meds down her and she gets to eat on her own twice a day, and sleep where it's warm at night. As long as she is active she can stay around and enjoy the sun.

She is a Marans Ameraucana cross. The guy is an Ameraucana breeder so it is not an EE parent but an Ameraucana parent. So that makes her an Easter Egger effectively - specifically an Olive Egger.
Calypso is an Ameraucana.
Ahhh so the Marans for lovely dark khaki coloured eggs - nice!

Yikes! Glad nobody was taken. Good job, Sherlock!

Glad to see Thing's coloring popping through there.
I was thinking that I loved that she is still there in spirit with her offspring.

@rural mouse Is there any chance you could get a couple of her daughter's eggs to hatch? I know it won't be the same, as the ones you hatch will only be 25% Thing.....but I love her independence and her top knot.....maybe one of her granddaughters will have the independent spirit, too? Would FIL either hatch some eggs out, or let yo take a few of their eggs to hatch?

Dad and my uncle brought over stuff for the chickens today. Rabbit skins/guts, two big metal cans of hay, and two smaller metal cans of rabbit feed pellets. Dad was a little disappointed the girls didn't immediately descend on the guts like piranhas, but they did once they were done being scared at the new thing. Uh...watching them all chase and fight over a heart made me very nauseous.
They're happy though, and it's a great treat for them. I'm just very squeamish. I was okay when out there but had to come inside and take an anxiety pill to help my heart calm down.
No pictures obviously, just know the girls are VERY happy right now.

Hey! Get Out!

You should have heard the squawk I got taking this photo!

View attachment 3773653
How dare you interrupt royalty doing their duties - especially such a personal duty as that!!!! Sheesh, Bob, hooman servants should know better - royalty don't have THOSE kinds of pictures out there!!! :lau :lau :lau

I will say, though, her colour is great for camouflaging in the nest box!!:love:love:love:love

Back
Top Bottom