See your hen to rooster ratio is still off. You don't need to be subtracting roosters
No more Roos!

All joking aside, it’s my biggest fear that Bert will start trying to fight his Dada, that happens then he will need to go, I cannot risk Mr P, I already see him getting older, he isn’t as spry as a couple yrs ago.

I believe your observations are correct. Bert has nothing to prove. So he is learning proper manners without the need to compete with siblings.
I have noted this with colts also, they get clobbered by the mares, so I put them in with my old stallion who would also put them in their place. They learned to be good boys.

If I can get through the next yr without Bert being a moron I will feel much better.

This is kinda messed up. The big girls don’t know how to act anymore. Nice sunny day today but they prefer to be under the porch. And they seem to fight each other more than before. I think I might need another rooster. I’m not sure if any of the littles are roosters or not.
Like I said before, it’s difficult to watch over the big ones and still watch the little ones! :barnie
They will figure it out. Tis the way of the chicken.
💕

Ok all I am off to do evening chores 😊💕

My big boy (ok so he isn’t that big haha)
479386BF-1B75-42D3-8705-E645B2817EFA.jpeg

And more from last night - it’s pelting down rain again - what a shocker 😡
86B2B4C7-8243-43C1-B93E-02870FB69D90.jpeg

This is kinda messed up. The big girls don’t know how to act anymore. Nice sunny day today but they prefer to be under the porch. And they seem to fight each other more than before. I think I might need another rooster. I’m not sure if any of the littles are roosters or not.
Like I said before, it’s difficult to watch over the big ones and still watch the little ones! :barnie
If one of the littles is a roo, he will need an older one to model good behavior and help thump the hormones out of him.

Can you find one that's past the 18 month age?

Back
Top Bottom