Beware the squealing and screaming when they poop in her hair.
Oh I know, however that kiddo is pretty level headed tbh. She has the soul of experience animal handler I swear 😂 doesn’t bother her overmuch. That said, I personally am glad we got em down before that happened, as an immediate shower is about all that would fix that!

Sylvie is doing well on parole this evening. She has gone up to the roost with everyone and is preening away.
She seems to have dealt with the egg yolk on her feathers herself.
Yay!
It has been raining all day and most of them went out anyway and are sopping wet. So there is a lot of preening.
There are still a couple of hours to dark so I hope Sylvie doesn’t change her mind and go over to the nest boxes.
Meanwhile, Piglet in the nest box is a terror. I will need gloves to collect eggs tomorrow.
I also can’t make sense of the eggs I collected. All I can think is maybe I missed an egg yesterday. Hens don’t lay while broody. Right?
Absolutely no doubt on Piglet being broody (I have the bruised hands to prove it), but I have one too many small blue eggs.
Hmmm.
:idunno

I was pleased to see Piglet got off the nest on her own a few times during the day. Only for 6-8 minutes at a time, but enough to eat (it is Piglet we are talking about after all!), drink, bathe etc.

Tax: Sylvie on the roost just now.
IMG_6397.jpeg

The variety is called a Veteran Peach - it’s a cold hardy variety, the one I have let go wild is a Frost Peach - not as cold hardly as the other one.

Both need serious trimming and pruning.
The Frost Peach is less cold hardy. 🤔

Must be a Canadian thing. :confused:

I can’t get my little Wyandotte to stop watching tv on my iPhone. I told her it was a waste of time and she said “I want to lease a Camry for $299 a month, fully loaded!” :lau
She is already commenting on the quality of your car. Better watch that one.

Back
Top Bottom