So 22 days from today there hopefully will be some adorable silkie chicks hatched, and just for fun I gave her 3 blue and 3 green eggs that were laid today.

5FDABA55-42F8-42E4-A999-487F0D27C989.jpeg

Just in case Mr Teddy didn’t get the job done…

Its not a done deal, but I may be getting a horse?!

A good friend (my brother’s ex… they are still close friends) is selling her horse. He’s a gray welsh pony, late teens. Rides both English and western, might be able to jump. He’s perfectly healthy, they just don’t have a use for him anymore. Not sure how tall, but his owner looks pretty good on him, and she’s taller than me. He’s barefoot, and has no hoof problems.

Dad says that he is leaning towards getting him. Boarding (food, pasture 24/7, and hay included) only costs $350 a month. I’m hoping that I may be able to get him out at my farm soon, I mean, I have 60 acres. I just don’t have a barn. A pole barn works just fine though, and I already have fence, it just needs some work.
For now we’d board him where he is though. It’s right near my school, so I’d just go and ride him and hang out with him after school.

Dad says that he thinks I deserve a horse. I’ve been asking since before I can remember. I was honestly planning on begging for a horse for my birthday this year 😅

And this is what his owner said, I just kinda out it in my own words. She sent this to my brother.
Yes he can be rode. We shut down the program and he is not in use so we are getting rid of him. Yes he’s a he. Pastel should probably test before she rides him, and a price will be given when it’s decided(as I told you at max it will be like 500)

No feet problems, great feet. Pasture board which id what he is currently on(out 24/7) would be 350 for him a month and it includes hay and feed

He is currently on dynasport and coastal hay, which is 30 a bag and he would have less than 2 bags a month. And a round bale is unable to tell how much he eats so you might get one or two or maybe three a month, priced at 50-100 dollars depending on where you get it. Mom says round bales would probably honestly last him a long time. Farrier is 45 a visit.

This is my brothers ex on him- View attachment 3826886View attachment 3826888
I may go test ride him this Sunday. And I may go meet him tomorrow after school.

I have a soft spot for gray welsh ponies. My dear Lenny 💕View attachment 3826892
Well that’s very eggciting! Good luck and hope your dreams come true ♥️💕

I have looked everywhere for Momma Hen. No luck. I guess I just have to hope she is on a nest on the hillside. I brought out the binoculars trying to spot her with no such luck. I am trying to find a brown camouflaged hen through this though.
DSCN3045.JPG

I do not have to go back down grandma's tomorrow. I plan on getting up with Rosie at 6 and stake out the back yard. When she is broody she tends to come off the nest at first light. If I can spot her, I will stalk her and hope she leads me to a nest. Unless it is on the hillside. I will not climb that poison ivy infested hillside.

Back
Top Bottom