Oh wow, that’s a stunning saddle. I’ll definitely look into the saddles. Can you use the trail saddle in shows? Like western dressage and barrel racing?

I hate the fact that tack is so expensive 🙁
Yes tack is expensive. Sadly it goes along with horse ownership. Horses are expensive, everything about them. Quality tack, can last forever as long as you take care of it. Oil your saddles, and bridles. Store them in a tack room or bring them home and put them on a saddle rack in your bedroom. Do not just throw them on the ground. Shop around and look at ebay, craigslist or the facebook groups for saddles for sale. If it is taken care of used can be the way to go. Still not cheap, but you can find affordable saddles that you can use while you save up to buy something new. The #250 is over 30 years old, properly stored, cleaned regularly and was rarely used when we bought it. I have to check but I do not think they even make that particular saddle these days. If we chose, we could sell it right now and make our money back in a heartbeat.

Happy Mothers day everyone!
Dawn is a proud mama
IMG_2342.JPG

Back
Top Bottom