That’s really good advice… expensive but good advice. Dad’s gonna be mad 😂

We are eventually hoping to get another horse to keep Auggie company once he moves to my farm. I say that we should get a mini pony, but dad doesn’t want one. He says that they don’t do anything besides look cute.

Russ sounds amazing. And he is stunning.

My friend gave me one of her western bridles. It has a rubber bit. Apparently Auggie responds really well to it.
When I hopped on him bareback on Friday, I used the bridle. I was “neck reining” him. I don’t think I was doing it correctly, but thats something I’ll work on.

He stops really well. I just gently tugged on the reins to stop him and he halted. Lenny would still walk across the arena.

I can’t wait to go to the barn tonight. I’m going around 5pm to ride and buy him. My dad is coming to watch, and he almost never watches me ride.
I’m gonna canter and I am so excited. I really hope that his canter is nice.

I need to learn how to lunge a horse… I think I already mentioned that he bucks when he’s not been ridden for a while… and it’s been 4 months.

Happy Mother’s Day y’all!
One more piece of advice and I shall step off my soapbox. I am sorry in advance if you do not like hearing this and I probably sound very similar to your dad.

I believe you are close in age to my daughter who turned 16 yesterday.

Get a Job, part-time is fine.

Rosie works hard, does well in school and takes honors classes and maintains a wonderful grade point average. She does not drink, do drugs or drive me crazy with boys....yet, it is coming very soon. What she does do is "have" to have a new piece of tack at every horse show. Roblox, omg the roblox money cards. I have also spent a small fortune on art supplies which thankfully she takes very good care of and her new hobby of doing her nails.

The last few weeks she has been paid to mow both our grass and the yard down grandma's once a week. It is time though. Time for a part-time job. Babysitting, mowing lawns, restaurant or whatever, the Bank of Mom is getting fed up.

One more piece of advice and I shall step off my soapbox. I am sorry in advance if you do not like hearing this and I probably sound very similar to your dad.

Rosie works hard, does well in school and takes honors classes and maintains a wonderful grade point average. She does not drink, do drugs or drive me crazy with boys....yet, it is coming very soon. What she does do is "have" to have a new piece of tack at every horse show. Roblox, omg the roblox money cards. I have also spent a small fortune on art supplies which thankfully she takes very good care of and her new hobby of doing her nails.

The last few weeks she has been paid to mow both our grass and the yard down grandma's once a week. It is time though. Time for a part-time job. Babysitting, mowing lawns, restaurant or whatever, the Bank of Mom is getting fed up.
I still owe the Bank of Mom a few dollars. Thanks for the reminder.

I need to figure out a way to make money around here too. Charging people at church to fix computers is one thing I'm doing, but that relies on people having messed up computers.

Now for the tax I owe. I know I have probably accumulated a lot of tax today.
DSCN3080.JPG
DSCN3081.JPG
DSCN3082.JPG
DSCN3083.JPG
DSCN3084.JPG
DSCN3085.JPG
DSCN3086.JPG
DSCN3087.JPG
DSCN3088.JPG
DSCN3089.JPG
DSCN3090.JPG
DSCN3094.JPG
DSCN3095.JPG
DSCN3097.JPG
DSCN3100.JPG

Of course we need a photo of Max now 💕😊
20231004_194208.jpg

All tacked up for the first time last fall. I haven't ridden in the saddle much yet, mostly bareback in a halter, which he's perfect for. (Except for his bumpy gaits 🤭, which he's been teased on.) Temperament wise, he's utterly perfect. I've considered renaming him Winnie the Pooh because he is just very sweet, loyal, and kind of adorably needy. He's a bit of a pushover with the other horses. Haven't ridden yet this year, but will next month when he's farrier cleared. The first time I rode in the saddle, he got a bit feisty, so we'll see how it goes this year.

Rosie is a few years older than me… not much though. I think I can get a job in two or three years. I want to get an internship at a vet office, but I also do need a job.

I wish I could get an allowance for all the work I do at my farm. My parents won’t let me get one though.
I wonder if I could ask my friend if I can get paid just a little to muck? I’d be happy to just muck for free though 😂
And Dad was telling me last night that I need to get a job. Mom told him that I need to wait a few more years until I can. I do want a job. Unfortunately TSC doesn’t hire until you are 16, or else I would’ve gotten a job there.

I take honors classes but I have all b’s right now. Of course my brother takes honors and gets all A’s. He annoys me so much.

I certainly hope that Rosie never does drugs. I know too many people my age who do drugs and smoke.
Dad doesn’t want me going to the barn early when my friend is there because she got caught smoking. He’s worried that one summer there and I’ll be doing that stuff.
No thanks, I promised myself a long time ago that I wouldn’t do that sort of stuff. Addiction runs on both sides of my family, and I’m not interested in going down that road.

View attachment 3829662
All tacked up for the first time last fall. I haven't ridden in the saddle much yet, mostly bareback in a halter, which he's perfect for. (Except for his bumpy gaits 🤭, which he's been teased on.) Temperament wise, he's utterly perfect. I've considered renaming him Winnie the Pooh because he is just very sweet, loyal, and kind of adorably needy. He's a bit of a pushover with the other horses. Haven't ridden yet this year, but will next month when he's farrier cleared. The first time I rode in the saddle, he got a bit feisty, so we'll see how it goes this year.
Oh, he’s stunning.
I just now realized that you, Kelly, Rebecca and I all have grays 🥰 (it feels weird to call @Ponypoor Kelly and @RebeccaBoyd Rebecca… I don’t ever say an adults first name, but it just takes extra time to type your usernames 😅)
He scratches his face on a tree, so I’m not sure if I should get him a fly mask. What do you guys think?
IMG_4388.jpeg

Tax: Pastel’s starting to gray. He’s three and a half. 🥲
IMG_3682.jpeg

Rosie is a few years older than me… not much though. I think I can get a job in two or three years. I want to get an internship at a vet office, but I also do need a job.

I wish I could get an allowance for all the work I do at my farm. My parents won’t let me get one though.
I wonder if I could ask my friend if I can get paid just a little to muck? I’d be happy to just muck for free though 😂
And Dad was telling me last night that I need to get a job. Mom told him that I need to wait a few more years until I can. I do want a job. Unfortunately TSC doesn’t hire until you are 16, or else I would’ve gotten a job there.

I take honors classes but I have all b’s right now. Of course my brother takes honors and gets all A’s. He annoys me so much.

I certainly hope that Rosie never does drugs. I know too many people my age who do drugs and smoke.
Dad doesn’t want me going to the barn early when my friend is there because she got caught smoking. He’s worried that one summer there and I’ll be doing that stuff.
No thanks, I promised myself a long time ago that I wouldn’t do that sort of stuff. Addiction runs on both sides of my family, and I’m not interested in going down that road.
#1, you are in honors classes, I am proud of you and you should be too.
#2. Honors classes are harder and move at a faster pace. B's, you be dang proud of them.
#3. Strive to be your best, not someone else's. Ok, your brother has all A's in honors, good for him. You are NOT your brother. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses even your brother. I suck at math once algebra gets thrown into the mix. I excelled in science, history and English. My brother who is 5 years younger then me, has mild dyslexia. He struggled with reading and history. Like most dyslexic's math comes naturally to him. He can also build a computer from scratch, I can turn them on.
#4. Good for you for not doing drugs or anything else. It ruins so many lives. I worry for Rosie. Do I think she will do anything, no. Is it all around her, yes. All parents worry about that and for good reason. It is in the grade schools people. Several of the 6th graders on up on Rosie's bus this year were suspended, for vaping.

We are eventually hoping to get another horse to keep Auggie company once he moves to my farm. I say that we should get a mini pony, but dad doesn’t want one. He says that they don’t do anything besides look cute.

My friend gave me one of her western bridles. It has a rubber bit. Apparently Auggie responds really well to it.
When I hopped on him bareback on Friday, I used the bridle. I was “neck reining” him. I don’t think I was doing it correctly, but thats something I’ll work on.

He stops really well. I just gently tugged on the reins to stop him and he halted. Lenny would still walk across the arena.

I can’t wait to go to the barn tonight. I’m going around 5pm to ride and buy him. My dad is coming to watch, and he almost never watches me ride.

I need to learn how to lunge a horse… I think I already mentioned that he bucks when he’s not been ridden for a while… and it’s been 4 months.

I shall dig out the photos of my friends mini palomino, who was an awesome driving pony. I loved driving her when I visited.

I suggest just walking maybe some trotting so you can both get to know each other.

Plenty of time for the fancy dancy fast stuff.

Tax
Had the babies out most of the day, they are three weeks now.

Jaffarra sunbathing
242947C3-9908-4F71-8111-90FA6382E505.jpeg

Dad won’t let me go out there and ride because it’s sprinkling 🙄 it’s very light rain. We are going in town where the barn is anyways, but apparently telling the family no when they’ve been expecting us to come out there all day isn’t as rude as going out there when it’s sprinkling. I even checked the weather and by the time we would get there it would stop raining.

Back
Top Bottom