Ooooo clouds, come on I need sunny soft wind weather! To dry up the grass and the ground which is still rather soggy.

It’s a long weekend here, so nice weather would be nice 😊

Was up at midnight and caught a midnight snacker 😊 Cayenne
2C2E80CD-937A-4C40-A1FB-DFFDF2C10979.png

CaturdayView attachment 3835863He holds his feet when he naps
Very wise. Otherwise they might start running and wake him up!
Happens with my lot all the time. Looks like they are dreaming they are hunting big game on the Serengeti and then they kick themselves in the face and wake themselves up!
:lau

Round worms in chickens look like this :
View attachment 3835812
Image from https://poultrykeeper.com/digestive-system-problems/chicken-roundworms-or-ascarida-galli/

Tapeworms show up in poop as segments looking like moving rice grain
View attachment 3835814

Please people, think twice about worming your chickens if you are not at least 80% sure they have worms. It may not harm them but the dewormer will be in their poop and kill actually useful other beings for the environment, which ends up being toxic both for the soil and for biodiversity.
Not to mention that the more you use a dewormer the more chance helminths in your environment will become resistant.
Not saying you shouldn't use chemical dewormers. I do, but only after evaluating if it's really needed for an individual chicken. I can't get fecal floats where I live.
And by the way, Ivermectin is one of the worse. It's killing professional bee keeping in my region due to the sheeps.
:goodpost:

This is usually my pitch. Thanks for picking up while I have been distracted.

Advice needed from all you folk with broody experience.
Piglet is on day 13 or 14. She has started to show some ambivalence about the whole thing.
Last night she slept outside the nest but very close to it and this morning she is back on the nest again.
Maybe she just figured Tassels would do a good job at keeping the nest warm and she wanted a night off?
Do you think there is any chance she will just give up?
Otherwise she is due for broody jail after 21 days - I thought next weekend.
Any words of wisdom for me?
RC is she still taking care of herself or deteriorating?

Back
Top Bottom