Food & Water In Coop & Run?

No. They can go without water for 8 hours (or so) just fine.
Thanks. Should I be concerned that I'm told (by someone else in the family) they don't think every one of the birds has learned to use the newer "cup-type" dispensers? (The ones with the red cup and yellow valve they are supposed to peck at down in the cup.) Seems there would be some sign of distress if that is true? That's been their only source of water for... two weeks. Surely they're getting water?

Thanks. Should I be concerned that I'm told (by someone else in the family) they don't think every one of the birds has learned to use the newer "cup-type" dispensers? (The ones with the red cup and yellow valve they are supposed to peck at down in the cup.) Seems there would be some sign of distress if that is true? That's been their only source of water for... two weeks. Surely they're getting water?
Assuming they don't have access to other water, then they would never make it two weeks without.

I have 3 feeders: 1 in the coop, 2 in the run. I have 1 water bowl in the run. I take out/securely cover the feed and dump out the water every night at lockup to discourage any mice/rats from getting into the coop or run.

I don't want water in the coop to avoid any spillage and wetness.

I will add another feeder/waterer when I do my chick integration in about a month.

I guess we need to think about covering access to food at night for now, in case of mice and to not attract other critters. The courtyard is meant to be a feeding/watering/scratching food court, as well as extra square feet.

I guess we could get two PVC caps, and cover the vertical food dispensers during the nights at night and morning when we manage the pop door... just in case some mice get through the hardware cloth or a crack we're not aware of somewhere. But eventually, we thought we would leave the pop door open.

Back
Top Bottom