Forest of the Forgotten RP

lilmillefleur

chillin' with my peeps!
8 Years
Oct 3, 2015
MA
PLEASE READ FIRST!

A) By participating in this game, I promise that all BYC Rules will be followed and that I have read and understood the Role Play Rules that are in a sticky at the top of the Games forum.

B) I promise that all content is to be rated G and suitable for all ages.

C) I promise that there will be no swearing, cursing (including censoring by using symbols) or inappropriate adult sexual activity or innuendo. This extends to mating, breeding or innuendo in non-human characters as well.

D) I promise to treat others with respect and kindness as is the BYC way.

E) I promise not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image/picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't.

There is a place far away that very few humans know about. Those who do call it the "Forest of the Forgotten." Legend has it that the animals who live here have the sacred duty of guiding lost souls to the afterlife. Every creature in the forest, once they have come of age, is given a special human to watch over throughout their lives, and they receive a specially crafted magic necklace that is able to communicate with the human. Once the human passes on to the afterlife, the animal is not given a new human, but instead must abandon their necklace and roam the forest freely. Some act as mentors to young creatures coming-of-age, while some simply vanish and are never seen again.
But of course, animals only live for so long as well. An animal that cares for a human can live until they are unjustly killed. But a creature without someone to care for will grow old and eventually die, like all things. And so the world goes on: the humans noticing a special creature appearing in and out of their lives, but never understanding their importance; the animals serving in quiet dignity, keeping their human safe and guiding them through life and death.
But a threat is looming over them all. There are corrupted humans led by corrupted spirit animals. And they desire the powers and secrets of the forest so they can rise up to god status. The once peaceful forest is being threatened with destruction, and more and more humans are left without someone to guide them. It is up to the loyal inhabitants of the forest to bring an end to the Corrupted ones and restore peace to the galaxy. (I did not mean to type that but you can't make me change it)

Ok here are my rules!

1. You may own a max of 5 roleplayable characters and unlimited NPCs. This may change. Tf you need clarification on the definition of 'NPC' just ask.

2. Your animal species MUST be one that could be found in the northeastern US woodlands. Since that is the setting I am going off of. However, your character can have realistic mutations such as silver or marble fox, or albino squirrel or whatever. But these should be rare! You may also roleplay as an abandoned, feral or pet domestic animal (ie dogs, cats etc). You may also have human characters but they should not be the main focus.

3. Please wait for your forms to be approved by me before starting to roleplay. I may eventually elect a mini-mod to help me out with that stuff too, idk.

4. No magical powers besides the necklace.
I'm just putting this together so this may change. The necklace's role and abilities, as well as other things, will be explained in future posts.

4. Do not kill other players' characters without permission. Self-explanatory.

Yay! Okay! Fill out the form below to get started:

Name -
Species -
Gender -
Age -
Rank -
Appearance -
Personality -
Other -

PLEASE DO NOT POST YET! A lot of things pertaining to the story are unclear. I will clear that up in later posts.

Name - Poppi
Species - Great Pyrenees/wolf hybrid
Gender - Female
Age - 5 moons
Rank - Watcher (apprentice)
Appearance - A big, fluffy, white pup with flopped ears, dark gray grizzled patches, and bright amber eyes.
Personality - A bit quiet and seems to know her place in the world. Bitter and irritable but also timid and self-conscious.
Other - Not much is known about her except that she ran away from an abusive owner. Rumour has it that her wolf mother couldn't feed her and left her on his front porch.

Name - Sarge
Species - German Shepherd mix
Gender - Male
Age - Old. Probably 12 years.
Rank - Mentor
Appearance - Looks like a German Shepherd but with a leaner and taller frame. Silver tinge on his paws and muzzle. Probably looked more regal in his day. He wears a worn red collar around his neck despite being feral and refuses to take it off.
Personality - Deeply loyal and patient. Down to earth, sees things as they are. Introverted and quiet but will fiercely defend what he believes is right.
Other - He used to be a Defender (that is to say, one whose duty it was to protect a human). He was a pet chosen to defend his boy. However one day the boy disappeared and Sarge was left without someone to care for. He has been trying to take Poppi under his wing.

Name - Gypse
Species - Golden retriever/wolf hybrid
Gender - Dame (F)
Age - eight years old
Rank - Quiet mentor. (Vanished for a while, gradually coming back.)
Appearance -
Personality - This outgoing female is shockingly not sociable. Essentially she persists to herself with her designated human she had been committed to, always since she had been a youthful pup. After meeting, she can be a little nippy, and a touch sour. Just her desolation overwhelming desiring to mingle at all. Under her tender coldness, a sweet animal emerges with the desire to spoil her gorgeous pelt. Overall, closely devoted to her humans and 'friends'.
Other -
Gypse has a secretive past she certainly doesn't want to draw forth in a discussion. One thing is, she loves swimming and spotting her fur. Even mud dips are pleasant.
Gypse is a dedicated protector to a young Asian girl by the title of Chenoa. Gypse arrived in the five-year old's life when Chenoa callously lost her mother to a frightful house fire. The father already out of the picture.
To have Chenoa keep up, on occasions she would mount on Gypse.

(Let me know of any issues. I'd be glad to edit.)

Last edited:
Name - Arrioh
Species - Black bear
Gender - M
Age - 5 years
Rank - Watcher
Appearance - Typical black bear. keeps himself well groomed.
Personality - He's a charmer. He keeps to himself, and has very few people he considers friends, though many consider him a friend. He's very good at reading people, and knows what different types of people want, and how to please them, often to the point of manipulation. He is in many circles- the good, the ambitious, the corrupt. No one really knows whose side he's on.
Other - He has quite the taste for chicken. He was shot in the side once when he raided a coop in the suburbs.

Back
Top Bottom