Freak with a beak! Is this bird albino?

beakmaster

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 3, 2013
Panama City, Florida
I have only hatched a few dozen eggs ever so this might be normal. One of the 10 that hatched today skin colored legs and is very lighty colored compared to any other bird I have hatched from my 5 breeders. Most of my birds have darkers legs with the occasional skin colored toe or two. It looks to me to be albino but maybe someone knows more than I do about this.

If it was an albino, eyes would be red (doesn't look like it). Probably will turn out light grey or white?

It's just a different color variation from the genetic ancestry. my parents had 5 children, but only me and my little sister have blue eyes like my grandfather (on my moms side). It's just one of those things.

Freak with a beak!
lau.gif
I just had to open this thread to see what you were talking about.
gig.gif
Cute babies. :)

If it has pale brown stripes on its back, it'll grow up golden. If it's pure yellow all over with maybe a dot of brown on its head, it will grow up white. From the picture it looks like my baby goldens but it's hard to tell. Cute, aren't they!

B

I didn't see you mention what kind of quail they are? Would be a better clue to how it might grow up to look, though definitely a lighter colored bird I'd agree.
Were these eggs from your own birds, local, or shipped? You may find out some interested genetics hidden if your flock if these were your eggs. If not, their are always surprises like this in mixed flock eggs, I think it's one of the most fun parts.
Cute babies either way!
Cheers,
Jessie

Back
Top Bottom