FREE Barred Rock Chick- 4 weeks- Maine- FREE

SeaChick

Songster
12 Years
Apr 25, 2007
Southern Maine
We bought 7 sexed pullets that were hatched April 27. We're suspecting the Plymouth Barred Rock may not be a Chloe, but a Charlie. There's nothing definitive yet, no larger or red comb.... but she/he's feathering in more slowly than the other 6, and we just have a "feeling". It's an adorable chick, but we cannot have a rooster here, so we're looking for a good home for this baby.

All of our chicks are hand-raised in our home with lots of human contact. Although we feed 100% organic after about 6 weeks, this chick is still on medicated starter and was vaccinated against Mareks. She/he is very healthy and adorable.

This baby should go to a home with other like-aged chicks. (3-6 weeks??)

We live in Cumberland, Maine. I'd be willing to drive and meet you (within reason) for the right home. I don't want this baby ending up in the stew pot
smile.png

P.S. I won't hold anyone to their 1 cent bid..... I couldn't put a zero into the buy/sell format, sorry: the chick IS free...

Last edited:
Do you have a picture?

I have BR about the same age - 6 weeks. I may be interested.

Deb

Here you go.
All the other chicks from the same hatch date (presumed pullets) have much, much longer tails and wings, and more feathering everywhere...
1766_chloe_4wks_1.jpg

1766_chloe_4wks_2.jpg

1766_chloe_4wks_3.jpg

1766_chloe_4wks_4.jpg

1766_chloe_4wks_5.jpg

1766_chloe_4wks_6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom