Free dog..MS...She was dropped off. Updated- Going to keep her..

DTchickens

Crowing
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Bailey, Mississippi.
Alright so i have what i suspect to be a pure bred designer dog!.. Alright so to keep from angering anyone i have a mutt.. I suspect a three way cross, She's black and im expecting has part lab in her, she looks like a hound in appearance, and has the extra claws on her back legs like most dogs from cold climates do.. Great pyrenees for example.

She was dropped off on my dirt road (or ran away) and is very very skinny, i believe she has worms. Shes scared of people and wouldn't even get close to people for a couple days, she will come up to me now but if i reach, grab, or anything towards her she will whimper, cower, and run.

She doesn't listen very well either but i guess that is expected from her background.. She is hyper, not good with chickens (main reason i am trying to give her away), But she's non-aggressive to people, dogs, and such like that.. In the bailey MS area and would like someone to come get her as soon as possible.

7779_dcp_0058.jpg

7779_dcp_0059.jpg

7779_dcp_0061.jpg

-Daniel

ETA: I believe shes young as well... Probably in the 4-5 months range. But im no dog expert.

Last edited:
awe so very sorry to hear she is adorable and i hope u find a good home for her. i just wanted to say to me she looks like a purebred weimaraner i'd say about 4mths old mabe 5 tops. only thing i see off is that she doesn't have her tail docked long and color should be mouse-gray to silver-gray. they do come in black and blue but in showing that is a dq. they look like skinny labs due to their build for their breed and standards to alot of people who don't know the breed.

by ur decription of her it fits the personality of a weim and tempermant also. if she is which i'm almost possative she is and she is trained she would make an excellent hunting dog someday. yes untill about age 2-3 years they don't listen for nothing at home(they hear ya but ignore ya and try to see what they can get away with,lol) but in the woods they r extreamely smart and especially start young flushing out birds ect and pointing. they r excellent bird dogs as well as great hunter's for other things includeing big game which is what they were bred for and they make excellent family pets.

hope this helps ya some and knowing she is most likely a weim pup will actually help ya to find her a new home easier. many people would love to have her for a futer hunting dog she should be pretty easy to find a home for. the only thing i'd be worried about with her is what is called bloat i think it is. u have to monitor their diet so they don't over eat or eat to much after or before they excercise can't remember which it is now. it causes gas i think it it is and swells their bellies it can kill them if they get it and don't have surgery for it. when i had mine although she flushed my chickens and pointed she loved to snuggle with babies in the brooder. she'd steal them out just so she could love and mother them,lol. she never hurt my chickens just had to watch she didn't squash them trying to love them or drown them in slobber kissing them so much.

anyways hope this helps ya,
silkie

check her teeth, if her big dog canines are not in she is less than 6 months. if she has lost some teeth - front ones are "big dog" she's probably about 5 months.

Quote:
Like i mentioned before, im not a dog person lol.. But question, does a plott hound/weimaraner have the extra claw? Think she is a mutt or possibly pure?

not even close to a purebred weim..if thats a purebred its the poorest quality I have ever seen...she looks like she may have some brindle in her color?..hard to tell from the pics..shes a mutt,but would probably make a good dog for someone..

A lot of breeds have the extra claw on the rear feet. Most breeders will have them removed - like on a rotti for example. it's cosmetic.

I have to agree with the hound view over the weimaraner though...I don't know specifically about plott hounds, but she is all hound either way.

Yeah, i didn't think she looked like a weim really.. And yes i know even if she was she is poor quality (dog show wise...). I don't think theres one dog breeder in mississippi, theres barely even a chicken breeder.. Mostly horses.

Any breed or mutt can have an extra dew claw, it's not a very good indicator of breed. They shouldn't, but some do. She doesn't look in terrible condition, she's not great but she looks like a lighter built dog anyway.

It's impossible to tell whether it's a purebred or a mutt. She could be a combination of breeds that just happens to look like something totally different. She looks like she has a healthy helping of hound in her background. She doesn't look at all Weimaraner-ish to me, the coat length, coloring, ears, and expression are wrong. Is she brindle around her face? Nearly all Plotts are brindle:

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/plotthoundphotos.htm

Back
Top Bottom