Free Silkie Rooster - Southern Wisconsin

fatjellos

Hatching
Jun 8, 2023
Anybody able to take in a silkie rooster? This guy is 9 weeks old and he just tried to crow this morning. I had been holding out hope that he might still be a hen but its not to be I guess. I would love to keep him but I found out I cant have roosters here and I definitely have a narc neighbor. I am in the campbellsport Wi area and would be willing to meetup somewhere. Thanks for helping.

Attachments

• silkie2.jpeg
    silkie2.jpeg
    728.4 KB · Views: 20
  • silkie1.jpeg
    silkie1.jpeg
    852.8 KB · Views: 3
I'm in Wisconsin too, Shawano. I don't know how far Amherst is to you, as it's an hour from us, but it has a poultry swap coming up this Saturday. They have been having them all year, and I've had good luck there selling my silkie chicks and giving away roosters. Here's a link to their FB page. If you go to the page and click the down arrow in the upper right corner, it will show you other similar pages. Just scroll through and join any that seem good nearby you or in WI. I've had luck posting my chicks or roosters in groups there too.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/456771252139251

I'm in Wisconsin too, Shawano. I don't know how far Amherst is to you, as it's an hour from us, but it has a poultry swap coming up this Saturday. They have been having them all year, and I've had good luck there selling my silkie chicks and giving away roosters. Here's a link to their FB page. If you go to the page and click the down arrow in the upper right corner, it will show you other similar pages. Just scroll through and join any that seem good nearby you or in WI. I've had luck posting my chicks or roosters in groups there too.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/456771252139251
Hey thanks for that group info thats the kind of thing I was looking for.
I was able to rehome my rooster, thankfully, with somebody who had lost several of their own to a fox

Back
Top Bottom