From the big ol town of Eden on NC/VA border ;-)

xrainxbowx

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 6, 2012
Eden, NC
Hey everyone. I must admit that I've been lurking on this site for a few months and just now have put in the time to sign up. There has been such a wealth of info on here, I love it!! I am a newbie chicken owner. I have two, I guess, mutt chickens. One is a wyandotte mix and I think the other is an easter egger. They are big, but haven't started laying yet, hopefully soon. I have a ton of other animals so I am not even going to get started on that. I work part time at the NC Zoo as an educator, animal caregiver and trainer for the education department and I volunteer at the Science Center in Greensboro with thier Animal Discovery. I am looking forward to seeing what I can train my chickens to do. I have heard some education departments in other zoos have had great success. I have just expanded my coop and am looking to get more chickens in the near future. So if any people in my area are reading this and have some good sources, let me know!

Hello and welcome from Ohio...so glad you joined us. Sounds like a very interesting job you have. Good luck training your chickens :)

WelcometoBYC.gif

Back
Top Bottom