Pics
are thorny weeds (don't know what they are) bad for chickens. They sure tear me up when I try to pull them out.
I feel you there, although for some reason I can just pull up thorny things with out even being injured, a skill I developed from growing my own thorny landscaping plants. Also I noticed that the weeds that stand out the most are the ones that chickens do not eat... since they clean out everything else.

@igorsMistress I turned that new NN cockerel loose in there with the hen's today, and then sat out there for awhile watching them. The NN hen that you like isn't trying to hatch the plastic egg's anymore. She is trying to stand up to Roger, and then back's down for now. His tail is really showing a nice beetle green now.

@drumstick diva I don't get many weeds with the chickens running around :idunnojust a few in the front yard but those are pretty easy to pull.

@Compost King I had grass and weeds in my backyard once, now I have an enclosed garden so I can actually grow things!

@BlueBaby great that Roger is doing well! Is that hen the lead girl in your flock?

@BlueBaby it rained out here this morning but not since then.

Good for her that she's the top girl! She seems so very sweet. I love these chicks, they're all super friendly and come running when I go outside.

That lone chick I got from you will be weeks 8 old on Monday already and the other 3 will be 6 weeks Saturday. Time is just flying by!

Back
Top Bottom