Pics
@BlueBaby it rained out here this morning but not since then.

Good for her that she's the top girl! She seems so very sweet. I love these chicks, they're all super friendly and come running when I go outside.

That lone chick I got from you will be weeks 8 old on Monday already and the other 3 will be 6 weeks Saturday. Time is just flying by!

Those were this hen's egg's that I gave you to hatch. She has nice shaped egg's.

Those were this hen's egg's that I gave you to hatch. She has nice shaped egg's.

All 3? I was wondering because there are a few dark feathers here and there if you catch them just right. All of those chicks are sweet too, friendly as can be!

Yes, those were my best light tan eggs, that came from her. Remember those lighter colored skinnier egg's? Those were what the other 2 NN hen's were laying. I showed you why I picked the better shaped egg and why.

I need to go back out to the coop. There's puddles everywhere, and the driveway look's like there's a stream running through it. :gig

Went to let the chickens out and found a rainbow this morning :)
20190927_063344.jpg
20190927_063313_Burst01.jpg

The sky is clearing and the sun is coming up. Futurecast has temps in the low 90s or less for the next week.

20190927_080307.jpg

I had quail in the garden for about a year. This area had sandy soil on top with clay underneath. I put a bin over alfalfa hay here and the quail used it for sleeping so there was lots of poop when we processed birds. I mixed the poop and hay with the soil and covered with compost and garden soil and left it for a few months. I mixed that all up and the result is a pretty good texture.
20190927_080122.jpg

I have a volunteer tomato plant. I had 3 varieties in Spring so not sure which kind yet.

20190927_080158.jpg

Artichoke. It's on a 2 week feeding schedule during growing season.

20190927_080145.jpg

Mexican Heather. I let the chickens into the garden earlier this year and they almost demolished it but it's come back quite well and is blooming.

20190927_080204.jpg

Rosemary.

20190927_105414.jpg

Mexican Bird of Paradise in the corner, not sure what the bush is in the foreground but it has purple bell shaped flowers on it.

Back
Top Bottom