Pics
IM, the broccoli seeds have sprouted! They're pretty tasty, we had them on a sandwich. I sprouted too many though so guess the girls will have a treat today (which is fine).

I can see it's going to take some experimenting to figure out what's the best amount for me to sprout.

I'm partial to the broccoli sprouts myself so I'm happy you like them! Are you trying to sprout only enough for a few days? How much did you put in there? I don't have a problem with getting too many, I pile them on sandwiches to hide the meat (I don't like lunchmeat) so we go through them in about 4 or 5 days. I use about a tablespoon each time and yes, I measure them lol.

I'm partial to the broccoli sprouts myself so I'm happy you like them! Are you trying to sprout only enough for a few days? How much did you put in there? I don't have a problem with getting too many, I pile them on sandwiches to hide the meat (I don't like lunchmeat) so we go through them in about 4 or 5 days. I use about a tablespoon each time and yes, I measure them lol.

With the lentils I did 1/4 cup...oops, way too many. With the broccoli I sprouted 2 Tablespoons, again too many. I measured also :cool:

See what you're doing, you instigator? :lol:

You should do an article on sprouting!

Lol, I do love my sprouts! They're good for you and I can get hubs to eat them vs some of the actual veg or legumes. As for an article, probably wouldn't get much traction here but if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer if I know :)

Sprouts can be too much of a good thing. You wait for them to get ready then you better eat quick cause soon they won't.

I tried the mung beans and something gave me a headache. No clue why. Took me 3 sets of sprouts to connect the dots. Will be returning to alfalfa.

Broccoli sounds like a good one to try next. Cheers.

Sprouts can be too much of a good thing. You wait for them to get ready then you better eat quick cause soon they won't.

I tried the mung beans and something gave me a headache. No clue why. Took me 3 sets of sprouts to connect the dots. Will be returning to alfalfa.

Broccoli sounds like a good one to try next. Cheers.

That's interesting about the mung beans. Were you eating them plain?

I've been looking forward to trying those.

Last edited:
That's interesting about the mung beans. We're you eating them plain?

I've been looking forward to trying those.
Yes, plain. side garnish on a salad or sandwich topping or floating them in cooked beans. Did rinse them. No clue why. Crazy Lady didn't have an issue. After this pound of beans, on to something else.

Not all sprouters are equal. Ours does large beans well - Biosta sprouter. The alfalfa sits in water too much. Which works well for you?

Back
Top Bottom