20191229_044636_Burst01.jpg

I can't lie about this, Turkens have always freaked me out. It's like they're a confused bird. At the same time completely fascinating. Its complicated~ :idunno

They have to grow on you! Once you have them and get over the idea of them being so different, you are glad that you do have them. For as far up north as you are, you would have to have the Naked Neck's that would have the smaller comb's I think, because of chance of frostbite. Other than that, they would tuck their necks down to keep warm into the body feather's.

@igorsMistress How is the flock holding up over there today? I turned my 4 chick's that were out in my grow-out pen loose yesterday (the 3 NN's and that 1 FNN). They are just about as big now as those 2 Olive Egger's that are about a month older than they are! My next-door neighbor is waiting for me to decide to part with 2 more of the hen's. I think I have it figured out already.

Edit: I forgot to tell you that the cowgirl one that lay's the green egg's has decided to molt now.

I can't lie about this, Turkens have always freaked me out. It's like they're a confused bird. At the same time completely fascinating. Its complicated~ :idunno

It's like "they" say...beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I'm just jealous that I don't have any of my own so I live vicariously off @igorsMistress and @BlueBaby's flocks. :)

It's like "they" say...beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I'm just jealous that I don't have any of my own so I live vicariously off @igorsMistress and @BlueBaby's flocks. :)

I'm sure you'll get some one day, but for you, look for the one's with the smaller comb's. We have the bigger combed one's.

Back
Top Bottom