Where is "here"?
Do you hatch? Eggs ship easier. Ideal Hatchery is offering NN chicks. What is your goal? Lawn art, eggs or meat?

Speaking of Ideal, the feed store has 3 dates picked with NN chicks. Very tempting... Anyone know if this is egg layer stock or meat stock? I'd guess eggs with Ideal's other lines.

Do you hatch? Eggs ship easier. Ideal Hatchery is offering NN chicks. What is your goal? Lawn art, eggs or meat?

Speaking of Ideal, the feed store has 3 dates picked with NN chicks. Very tempting... Anyone know if this is egg layer stock or meat stock? I'd guess eggs with Ideal's other lines.

I also got a newsletter today from Murry McMurry, and they have some naked neck chick's on the 6 minimum order's.

I do hatch, but I haven't shipped any egg's. My flock has been around for awhile and most of them came through breeder's, not hatchery's.

We hatched our first chicken from a batch of 7 allegedly fertile eggs we ordered online. She was the only egg that actually developed.

Do any of you sell naked neck roosters?

Once I get this new coop and run built, we may be in the market for one.

Thanks.

I'm in AZ so I could ship you eggs to hatch but not a rooster. Shipped eggs are a gamble for sure. I had 25 shipped from your side of the country and I got 14 chicks which is a fantastic hatch rate under those conditions.

I would suggest you check the lical paper, craigslist, etc for a roo in your area. Or a hatchery. There's really nothing wrong with hatchery birds if you're looking for yard art and eggs only. In my experience they tend to be a wee small but they lay like crazy.

Good luck!

I'm in AZ so I could ship you eggs to hatch but not a rooster. Shipped eggs are a gamble for sure. I had 25 shipped from your side of the country and I got 14 chicks which is a fantastic hatch rate under those conditions.

I would suggest you check the lical paper, craigslist, etc for a roo in your area. Or a hatchery. There's really nothing wrong with hatchery birds if you're looking for yard art and eggs only. In my experience they tend to be a wee small but they lay like crazy.

Good luck!

We bought 5 pullets from Meyer hatchery.

I wanted a naked neck rooster for my frizzle naked neck hen, so I can try to make more of her.

IMG_2852.JPG

@BlueBaby I'm fine over here just incredibly busy at the moment. I am in the middle of a major purge of junk and unused stuff. Igor is irritated and says it looks like we don't live here now, but he's being melodramatic
00005.gif

Add in 2 grandkids to take care of with the dogs and chickens, plus Igor is sick and broken too, so my days are full.

@BlueBaby I'm fine over here just incredibly busy at the moment. I am in the middle of a major purge of junk and unused stuff. Igor is irritated and says it looks like we don't live here now, but he's being melodramatic View attachment 1999466

Add in 2 grandkids to take care of with the dogs and chickens, plus Igor is sick and broken too, so my days are full.

I understand the junk thing. My DH is a pack-rat that want's to save everything "in case it's needed someday".

I have 3 NN chick's hatched out now. The 3rd one hatched sometime this morning. It's still wet and with the unabsorbed part on the shell with it. All 3 of these 3 that hatched are from out of Carmela (the cream colored NN hen) 2 are looking white and black spotted. This last one look's black for now, but it's still wet too. The last one might end up looking like Roger. Hopefully Lucille's egg's will hatch later on today.

Back
Top Bottom