This is what I got accomplished yesterday. I thought I was going to have to go to the ER afterward because I was dumb. A breathing treatment, Zyrtec and some heat exhaustion countermeasures worked. I didn’t eat or drink water first and I didn’t wear a mask. Hubsread me the riot act and is protective today; I’m not allowed to go outside this afternoon because it’s windy and warm. The kids are doing my duck chores, refilling water buckets and such. I think the short plant stands are too low to go in the duck area so I’m going to take those out and just have three plants on the side here and the rosemary in front. This will be for seasonal flowers most likely, nothing lives in a pot long for me here if it’s outside. The pond liner is out by the lemon tree and Arabian lilac. It gets more sun than the ducks like but that’s where I’d planned to keep it and hopefully by next year it’ll get more shade. I may move it a bit and possibly build the steps where they get shade from the lemon tree and it’ll form a little wall next to the top level but that’s a project for another day. I’m still thinking about it, but for now they use this and the kiddie pool both.

93C640A2-48FA-47E7-B8E5-5ECDE5C5C835.jpeg
766F0051-E55E-4F1E-B6B6-D0CEDA4A5426.jpeg
CB100A78-5E33-47F3-A52C-B4494D89371C.jpeg
51A0F6DA-0187-4351-8567-E9F32538C0A3.jpeg

This is what I got accomplished yesterday. I thought I was going to have to go to the ER afterward because I was dumb. A breathing treatment, Zyrtec and some heat exhaustion countermeasures worked. I didn’t eat or drink water first and I didn’t wear a mask. Hubsread me the riot act and is protective today; I’m not allowed to go outside this afternoon because it’s windy and warm. The kids are doing my duck chores, refilling water buckets and such. I think the short plant stands are too low to go in the duck area so I’m going to take those out and just have three plants on the side here and the rosemary in front. This will be for seasonal flowers most likely, nothing lives in a pot long for me here if it’s outside. The pond liner is out by the lemon tree and Arabian lilac. It gets more sun than the ducks like but that’s where I’d planned to keep it and hopefully by next year it’ll get more shade. I may move it a bit and possibly build the steps where they get shade from the lemon tree and it’ll form a little wall next to the top level but that’s a project for another day. I’m still thinking about it, but for now they use this and the kiddie pool both.

View attachment 2635214View attachment 2635215View attachment 2635216View attachment 2635217
So glad you didn't have to go to the ER!

I watered the xeriscape garden this evening and the ducks are happily billing through the mud and puddles. I can’t believe how big the lemon tree is getting! We’re going to feed it this weekend, we’re late but it’s better than never I suppose. I’m going to write it on my calendar though so I don’t forget when it’s due again. The xeriscape garden is really going strong as well. I am really happy with the results of the mulch and duck water. Tomorrow will be a major wo k day outside. The weeds are absolutely out of control in the shade garden and I need to get on top of a few in other places before they’re also out of control. Plus I’m finishing setting up the pool. I need to level the spot I’m going to put it and have the pavers to move as well.
View attachment 2632362View attachment 2632363View attachment 2632365View attachment 2632366View attachment 2632367
Your yard is looking so beautiful IM! What are the plants with the Yellow flowers?

View attachment 2635214View attachment 2635215View attachment 2635216View attachment 2635217
Take care of yourself! I'm also glad you didn't have to go to the ER! 💗

IM, so sorry you had a health scare. Good for Igor for reading you the riot act, you take care of yourself!

So glad you didn't have to go to the ER!
Thank you! It didn’t seem that hot really, it’s not like it was triple digits or anything. I got a decent tan though.
Your yard is looking so beautiful IM! What are the plants with the Yellow flowers?
Thank you! It depends on which yellow flowers. The one that’s loaded with the bell shaped flowers is called a yellow bell here. The other one with just a few flowers is a Mexican bird of paradise. I’m very thankful I didn’t go to the ER too!
IM, so sorry you had a health scare. Good for Igor for reading you the riot act, you take care of yourself!
Thanks NFC! I thought I was going to pass out at walmart, how embarrassing.

Thank you! It didn’t seem that hot really, it’s not like it was triple digits or anything. I got a decent tan though.

Thank you! It depends on which yellow flowers. The one that’s loaded with the bell shaped flowers is called a yellow bell here. The other one with just a few flowers is a Mexican bird of paradise. I’m very thankful I didn’t go to the ER too!

Thanks NFC! I thought I was going to pass out at walmart, how embarrassing.

Don't worry about passing out in Walmart, there are more embarrassing things happening there every day :gig

Glad you're feeling better!

Back
Top Bottom