Today I’ve had a chance to just sit on the patio and watch the ducks. The babies are actually bigger than Pip I think, and stick together as a group. Bean and Fig were in the pool and the younger ducks came up on the patio to look at me so we’re making progress! A hawk came flying over shortly thereafter and they all ran to hide under the lemon tree. A while later they were all out again and the youngsters were foraging around the shrubs. Two are almost identical so I’m calling them Alice and Astrid. They are the two with no white other than wingtips right now. Their fronts are a deep chocolate brown but their backs are dark grey/black. The brown/black one with the white spot on her neck is Saga and the one that has no brown and looks similar to a Swedish Blue is Tuva.

Planted carrots in the garden today and tomorrow I start hardening off the greens and herbs. Those will go in the ground right before I go back to work and I’ll start another batch of seeds. Probably dill, basil, lettuce, spinach and peas this time. I’d like to add some cauliflower too but need to find the seed.

I selected a single tomato sprout today to grow in the big hydroponic garden. Hopefully we’ll have some basil to go with!

I’m going to add a narrow bed for flowers along the front of the garden over the winter and try some bulbs again next Spring.Looking for bulbs now so they’re here. I just ordered garlic to put in the holes in the blocks around the carrot garden. It probably won’t be enough for all of them but that’s ok.

Today I’ve had a chance to just sit on the patio and watch the ducks. The babies are actually bigger than Pip I think, and stick together as a group. Bean and Fig were in the pool and the younger ducks came up on the patio to look at me so we’re making progress! A hawk came flying over shortly thereafter and they all ran to hide under the lemon tree. A while later they were all out again and the youngsters were foraging around the shrubs. Two are almost identical so I’m calling them Alice and Astrid. They are the two with no white other than wingtips right now. Their fronts are a deep chocolate brown but their backs are dark grey/black. The brown/black one with the white spot on her neck is Saga and the one that has no brown and looks similar to a Swedish Blue is Tuva.

Planted carrots in the garden today and tomorrow I start hardening off the greens and herbs. Those will go in the ground right before I go back to work and I’ll start another batch of seeds. Probably dill, basil, lettuce, spinach and peas this time. I’d like to add some cauliflower too but need to find the seed.

I selected a single tomato sprout today to grow in the big hydroponic garden. Hopefully we’ll have some basil to go with!

I’m going to add a narrow bed for flowers along the front of the garden over the winter and try some bulbs again next Spring.Looking for bulbs now so they’re here. I just ordered garlic to put in the holes in the blocks around the carrot garden. It probably won’t be enough for all of them but that’s ok.

Sitting on the patio watching ducks sounds like a great way to spend some time IM :thumbsup

Love hearing about your gardening!

Cams idea of heaven in a bowl. Chicken ramen with sriracha and green onions.
C30098EC-2245-454A-8FB4-C2F0073A9D54.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom