I am so sad! The neighbor came over and helped hubs cut up the tree the wind blew over last week. We planted that tree ourselves probably 12 years ago or so and poof! Just like that it’s gone. The city has added a free bulk trash pickup next weekend to take all the stuff around the neighborhood after cleanup so that pile of green will be gone next week.
5E181710-EFFB-4CF3-92D9-28E4D8804233.jpeg

I am so sad! The neighbor came over and helped hubs cut up the tree the wind blew over last week. We planted that tree ourselves probably 12 years ago or so and poof! Just like that it’s gone. The city has added a free bulk trash pickup next weekend to take all the stuff around the neighborhood after cleanup so that pile of green will be gone next week.
View attachment 3230651
Did it blow over because of lack of root water?

Did it blow over because of lack of root water?
No, these trees you don’t water so their roots can go deep in search of it, which prevents these issues. The last couple weeks we’ve had some storms with high wind speeds, heavy down burst’s and a lot of water in a short period of time. The literally wind blew it over.

View attachment 3230651

Sorry you lost your tree IM. Was that the one you got for your anniversary?

I’ve got some rosemary, Arabian lilac and olive tree cuttings in water. Moved the willows to separate jars. I brought in a plant stand so I can attach some grow lights to it. The cuttings and the smaller plants will go on that until they can move to a permanent home.
DEFA074A-F219-4372-8C8A-438B89DC749D.jpeg

9C8E1ABD-1600-4052-AFE8-2293BDCB32F7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom