I moved the raspberry bushes. It went better than I expected. There is only one that is looking a bit sickly and I haven't lost hope for it yet.
Next are a couple of gooseberry bushes that got planted on one of the paths of all places. I'm expecting these to be a bit trickier. I've managed to kill a couple in Catalonia before. Normally I would bend a low branch into a trench, make a cut in it, surround the cut with good compost and leave the other end sticking out of the ground. When it looks like it's established I just cut the feeder branch and move the new stem to a new location.
Also got rid of a ghastly plastic compost bin containing the pile of not composting grass you can see in the picture.
My plan is to have a row of fruit bushes running down the side of the plot.
That's my faourite gardening tool on the ground.:love
P4260903.JPG
P4260904.JPG
P4260905.JPG

I moved the raspberry bushes. It went better than I expected. There is only one that is looking a bit sickly and I haven't lost hope for it yet.
Next are a couple of gooseberry bushes that got planted on one of the paths of all places. I'm expecting these to be a bit trickier. I've managed to kill a couple in Catalonia before. Normally I would bend a low branch into a trench, make a cut in it, surround the cut with good compost and leave the other end sticking out of the ground. When it looks like it's established I just cut the feeder branch and move the new stem to a new location.
Also got rid of a ghastly plastic compost bin containing the pile of not composting grass you can see in the picture.
My plan is to have a row of fruit bushes running down the side of the plot.
That's my faourite gardening tool on the ground.:love
View attachment 3483495View attachment 3483496View attachment 3483497
They’re looking great Shad!

I really know nothing about gooseberry bushes, but from what I’ve read you’re using the right method.

Back
Top Bottom