You've had your share of challenges for sure :hugs

I am so sorry, IM.
Thanks ladies. I lost another. Tarot was obviously struggling yesterday; I managed to capture her first thing this morning and bring her inside for care but she passed a couple of hours ago. It is only 108 out there but the real feel is easily 115+

I asked my son for a couple of Nn girls, he can’t take Elvis and the rest of my flock and really, it’s not any better at his house. He has 11 roosters :eek:I don’t want to freezer camp these guys, so I am down to four girls now until I get those, maybe over the weekend. Elvis is a rather amorous rooster and all of the girls get his attention on the regular.

Thanks ladies. I lost another. Tarot was obviously struggling yesterday; I managed to capture her first thing this morning and bring her inside for care but she passed a couple of hours ago. It is only 108 out there but the real feel is easily 115+

I asked my son for a couple of Nn girls, he can’t take Elvis and the rest of my flock and really, it’s not any better at his house. He has 11 roosters :eek:I don’t want to freezer camp these guys, so I am down to four girls now until I get those, maybe over the weekend. Elvis is a rather amorous rooster and all of the girls get his attention on the regular.
I'm sorry IM.

I made this for the allotment chickens. While we didn't and are unlikely to get temperatures as high as 115 last year got into the mid 90s.
It's a prototype I should add.
Two layers of 90% shade cloth with an air gap on top;
The sides will also have two layers when it's finished.
Three layers with an air gap between each layer would be what I would be looking at for your temperatures.
The chickens here like it and spend much of their day while in the run under it.
P6051239.JPG

I made this for the allotment chickens. While we didn't and are unlikely to get temperatures as high as 115 last year got into the mid 90s.
It's a prototype I should add.
Two layers of 90% shade cloth with an air gap on top;
The sides will also have two layers when it's finished.
Three layers with an air gap between each layer would be what I would be looking at for your temperatures.
The chickens here like it and spend much of their day while in the run under it.
View attachment 3602682
I have an old picnic table that looks like that, love it! We don’t have a run, my flock stays out under the large shrubs and small trees in the yard. There’s a pool out there that I put ice in twice a day, big enough for all to enjoy together if they wish.

Back
Top Bottom