New covered feeding area. Well, it will be covered. On the left is what used to be a garden gate. On the right is a gate that started off at my parents house probably 15 years ago. It has had many uses at my house over the years, this is its latest incarnation. It won’t be solid shade on the sides, I still want airflow through there. Elvis came to tell me he needed a snack for the ladies, I gave them a little feed out of the bucket.
IMG_6472.jpeg
IMG_6475.jpeg

New covered feeding area. Well, it will be covered. On the left is what used to be a garden gate. On the right is a gate that started off at my parents house probably 15 years ago. It has had many uses at my house over the years, this is its latest incarnation. It won’t be solid shade on the sides, I still want airflow through there. Elvis came to tell me he needed a snack for the ladies, I gave them a little feed out of the bucket.
View attachment 3660529View attachment 3660530

Elvis is so handsome...and apparently a good provider. :)

Watched the news this morning, we’ll be down to the 80’s next week and our overnight lows are headed into the low 60’s. Woo hoo! I have some dragon fruit to transplant so picked up some more supplies for that project. I’m going to try a water to waste method I saw on a YouTube channel yesterday. The pots will be filled partially with gravel and then topped with a mixture of coco coir and lava rocks. No wicks or automated anything, just water from the top until it runs out of the bottom of the pot. I got two trellises for them to cling to and we’re going to modify those into an A frame with a wide top. We’re working on the raised beds today. I need to get outside and get busy with weed cloth and leveling but I don’t feel like it because it’s already hot out there :sick The chickens seem to have calmed from all their grumpiness, probably because they’re finally getting relief from the heat at night. Our mornings are nice too, but once the sun comes up it warms up fast. Today should be our last 100 degree day, this year we’re in third place for the most 100+ days at 130 something, 132? Anyway, Igor is out there getting into my stuff, gotta get busy.

Watched the news this morning, we’ll be down to the 80’s next week and our overnight lows are headed into the low 60’s. Woo hoo! I have some dragon fruit to transplant so picked up some more supplies for that project. I’m going to try a water to waste method I saw on a YouTube channel yesterday. The pots will be filled partially with gravel and then topped with a mixture of coco coir and lava rocks. No wicks or automated anything, just water from the top until it runs out of the bottom of the pot. I got two trellises for them to cling to and we’re going to modify those into an A frame with a wide top. We’re working on the raised beds today. I need to get outside and get busy with weed cloth and leveling but I don’t feel like it because it’s already hot out there :sick The chickens seem to have calmed from all their grumpiness, probably because they’re finally getting relief from the heat at night. Our mornings are nice too, but once the sun comes up it warms up fast. Today should be our last 100 degree day, this year we’re in third place for the most 100+ days at 130 something, 132? Anyway, Igor is out there getting into my stuff, gotta get busy.

If you get a sec, hope you'll share some pictures of the new stuff going on in your yard!

Back
Top Bottom