Bamboo is all the way around the garden and it’s wrapped with fairy lights.
Daytime
View attachment 3681303

Nighttime

Got the picket fence done. The chickens kept pulling the live aloe out of the sink so I put a metal agave in there instead. The little watering can has solar lights that look like water pouring at night
Daytime
View attachment 3681304

Nighttime

Chickens
View attachment 3681305
“Water” in the small side of the sink, might add another package or two, Daytime
View attachment 3681306

Nighttime

Will post night pics later
Wow! It all looks fabulous!

I checked out the Mississippi :gigLink. They are priced really reasonably. Besides the fact that they are solar. That makes them SAFE in garden without worry.:old
I am seriously thinking about such for next spring, decorating my garden beds. I only keep flowers in garden beds . Would make a pleasant atmosphere sitting in the yard during summer eves. Possibly enjoying some delicious cocktails, (non alcohol for self) and swatting mosquitoes.
I do have a solution for the skeetos. I place a few electric house fans, that are retired from home use. The wind keeps skeetos from landing, and biting.

I checked out the Mississippi :gigLink. They are priced really reasonably. Besides the fact that they are solar. That makes them SAFE in garden without worry.:old
I am seriously thinking about such for next spring, decorating my garden beds. I only keep flowers in garden beds . Would make a pleasant atmosphere sitting in the yard during summer eves. Possibly enjoying some delicious cocktails, (non alcohol for self) and swatting mosquitoes.
I do have a solution for the skeetos. I place a few electric house fans, that are retired from home use. The wind keeps skeetos from landing, and biting.
Omg! Your mosquitoes are whimps.
Ours are not deterred by wind, rain, cold, or heat. I've heard that the USPS is in negotiations with their union. They should make excellent employees.

Omg! Your mosquitoes are whimps.
Ours are not deterred by wind, rain, cold, or heat. I've heard that the USPS is in negotiations with their union. They should make excellent employees.
The hours I've spent hunting mosquitoes. I even made a fly swat with a skirt to stop the air movement during strike from blowing the mosquitoes out the side of the swat.:th

I got two short strands for my project, but I really like them. Not so bright that they light up the whole area, but enough that if you run into the garden and get hurt it’s not my fault.

Was going to have hubs cut up the logs, but decided to just add them to the bed and get things going. Once we get the bulk trash out, next weekend, I can take a bunch of dried wood bits and put those in, top off with wood chunks, then add the next layers. I think I’m going to add some litter from the coop, there’s lots of poop in there, in addition to green plant waste on top of the wood.

Gave a few things some half strength fertilizer and am painting the pipe that sticks out of the ground. We all tried really hard, even the kids, to dig that thing out but we couldn’t; now we use it to hold the rain gauge :idunno The rest of this week will involve lots of dirt and a shovel. Ordered a Greenstalk planter, five tiers.

Pipe, the top sixish inches will be white
IMG_6697.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom