Chew marks add character and make for good memories. (As long as they don't eat the sofa.)
No couch eating. He did ruin a pair of boots and a pair of glasses when he was a puppy too.
That's a nice chest! Is the color black or a deep brown?
It’s black, but it’s soft? I don’t know any other way to describe it. The chest is very cheap and lightweight, I bought it from a friend at work who needed to get rid of all her furniture because she was moving across the country; cost me $20. I just never could decide what color I wanted it to be so it sat here unfinished for a long time.

No couch eating. He did ruin a pair of boots and a pair of glasses when he was a puppy too.

It’s black, but it’s soft? I don’t know any other way to describe it. The chest is very cheap and lightweight, I bought it from a friend at work who needed to get rid of all her furniture because she was moving across the country; cost me $20. I just never could decide what color I wanted it to be so it sat here unfinished for a long time.

You got a good bargain! And it's nice to have a place to keep the dog food stash.

Every week I steam a bunch of vegetables for my lunches, usually things Igor won’t eat and whines about the smell :rolleyes: He is such a baby, and on vacation next week. So I made broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and whole mushrooms this week. Been seasoning with salt, pepper and onion pwd with a pat of butter and man it hits the spot! I had them for breakfast today with a fried egg, the yolk turned out perfectly and was just a tiny bit runny in the center.
IMG_6836.jpeg

Every week I steam a bunch of vegetables for my lunches, usually things Igor won’t eat and whines about the smell :rolleyes: He is such a baby, and on vacation next week. So I made broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and whole mushrooms this week. Been seasoning with salt, pepper and onion pwd with a pat of butter and man it hits the spot! I had them for breakfast today with a fried egg, the yolk turned out perfectly and was just a tiny bit runny in the center.
View attachment 3700030

That looks delicious!

View attachment 3700030
What was for desert???? (yes,, I purposly mispel :gig )

Sweet potato and apple soup

Couple T avocado oil
3 smallish sweet potatoes
2 smallish apples
1 smallish onion
6 c vegetable broth, I used better than bouillon
1 c heavy cream
Few cloves garlic

***I did not add any salt other than what’s in the BTB

Cooked onion and garlic in oil until light brown, then added potatoes and apples, cooked about five mins. Added broth, covered and simmered until produce was soft. Blended with immersion blender and added heavy cream.

This is really good, but too salty I think. Next time will use enough BTB for five cups broth with six cups water. I may also add one extra potato and one extra apple, or use larger produce next time.

This would be excellent with unsweetened coconut cream instead of dairy cream.

Sweet potato and apple soup

3 smallish sweet potatoes
2 smallish apples
1 smallish onion
6 c vegetable broth, I used better than bouillon
1 c heavy cream
Few cloves garlic

***I did not add any salt other than what’s in the BTB

Cooked onion and garlic until light brown, then added potatoes and apples, cooked about five mins. Added broth, covered and simmered until produce was soft. Blended with immersion blender and added heavy cream.

This is really good, but too salty I think. Next time will use enough BTB for five cups broth with six cups water. I may also add one extra potato and one extra apple, or use larger produce next time.

This would be excellent with unsweetened coconut cream instead of dairy cream.

Sounds good!

Back
Top Bottom